Aircraft control trim

As Jarin indicates, the "mod" key actually refers to the "Modifier" key. The wiki page also lists what the Modifier key is for each Operating System. Windows is ALT, Mac is Option, and Linux is Right-Shift.

So hold down the modifier key, and press the desired WASDQE key to trim in a particular direction. Please note that if SAS is on, you can trim the craft, but SAS will override any trim input.

Cheers,
~Claw

There's three ways to control angle of attack on the way to orbit.

The best is probably Mechjeb - you can see me use it here.   It struggles especially with poorly designed aircraft, but on this it's steady as a rock.  It helps too, that this aircraft has both a good margin of excess fuel and also significantly more thrust than drag.  Just watch your temperature !

You can also use SAS.    It tries to hold a constant nose angle relative to the sun.   It does not take account the curvature of Kerbin, so your nose slowly rises with SAS.   This effect becomes more pronounced at high speed.    Sometimes,  SAS can be rather derpy.  I often find the nose drops when you touch ANY control, such as a heading adjustment or when picking a wing up, it can actively resist your efforts to pick the nose up too.  Be ready to switch to manual if it starts displaying this behaviour.  I let SAS  with it's slowly rising nose fly this one, but i tap a key every so often to make the nose drop a degree or so if AoA is rising too fast for low drag flight.    This plane has plenty of fuel but not enough thrust..

Finally, manual flight with pitch trim.  Below 20km there's too many corrections to be made , each of which causes a nose drop and the nose drift up tendency under SAS is too slow to compensate.   Above 20km however many aircraft tend to bob and weave so it's easier to turn SAS on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.