Launch Explosion Bug

JebKeb

I've found if you load up a vehicle, and when you're on a different program you rocket explodes and destroys the launchpad. It works fine other times, so is it just the rocket gets launched before it falls apart, or is it a bug?

Sorry that I posted it here. I don't know where to put this.

Most likely it is because there is an instability in the design somewhere. For instance not enough support struts in the right places.

That being said however, I have reverted flights before and they launched fine initially coming out of the VAB and after reverting they just blow up all over the place on the pad. That surely seems like a bug to me.

Edited by Brian444444

Try adding struts to weak joints and launch clamps to the design as a whole to support it. It is possible while you're tabbed out to another programme that some quirk of physics has caused a motion that your whip can't handle and something is detaching. The only time I've had something fall to pieces on the launch pad is when I've failed to make it strong enough and a weak joint has detached sending tons of metal and fuel crashing to the pad with all that that entails!

Now, if you already have clamps and struts and duct tape well represented within your design, then the best thing to do is to post a report on the bug tracker to see if it can be replicated and identified

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Hope this helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.