My Rendezvous Mission Bugged?

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong section, I was going to post it in the Technical support section below this one but I wasn't sure if it was for installation problems only.

Basically I loaded up an old game of KSP after not playing for a few months. I had one of the early rendezvous missions active when I stopped playing and was in the process of completing it. I had two separate vessels in orbit of Kerbin. The mission says to bring them in visual range of each other and kill the relative velocity. So far I have brought them within 5 meters of each other and killed the relative velocity but the mission just wont complete. Does anyone know why this is?

I should note that when I loaded up the game from months ago I'm pretty sure one of them was in a sub orbit. I corrected it but it still wont work.

Thanks!

Hmmm.  Is this a career game contract or one of the tutorials?  The term "mission" is a bit ambiguous.

Anyway, assuming this is a contract.......

When you say "months ago", was that in 1.0.5?  Are you playing in 1.1.2 now?  I've head that sometimes contracts in progress don't survive the game update.

But anyway, contracts in general sometimes fail to complete for no apparent reason.  It's always been that way, and happens to all types of contracts.  Worst case, you can open the ALT-F12 menu, go to the contracts tab, and mark this contract as complete.  It's not cheating if you actually did the work but the game is bugged :)

Hey thanks for the reply.

Yes it is a career game contract.

I'm not exactly sure if it was 1.0.5 or not. The game I loaded up was probably from January or February of this year. The contract is still there but it just wont complete.

Thanks for the info! I never knew I could mark it as complete in a menu. I will do that! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.