have you ever had to get out and push?

crasher925

Can't say I ever got out and pushed, but one of my orbital rescue missions did do a 147km spacewalk because the rescue vessel ran out of mono propellant;
apparently I accidentally staged the OMS engines during take-off and didn't notice until it was too late.
the damaged vessel eventually fell back to Kerbin after a few high-atmosphereic orbits, but I had to rescue the rescue ship. :D

Edited by Xyphos

I've pushed many times…

ive also completely ditched my ship to re-enter from mun(older version). 

My most proud push was when I was just a bit shy of dv on a return from eeloo. Managed to re-enter and lucked into a perfect trajectory and entered in one pass and no explosions! Wish I had recorded that!

One time I was doing a Munar rover mission in career, and I had the rover attached to the bottom of my lander. When I released it, I discovered that due to having landed astride the crest of some little rise, I no longer had sufficient lander ground clearance to get in the control seat while under the lander. So I had to spend the next few minutes pushing both the rover and the lander around until I had it out from underneath. Kerbals are amazingly strong when pushing stuff around!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.