No shadows

I usually use the shadow created by my rocket on the ground to gauge how close I am to the surface. I am not seeing any shadows in 1.1.3 at all. None on the ground, none on the ship, no shadows anywhere. Also, getting some buggy behavior with ground textures, but that needs more testing before I can make a good post on that. What info do you all need from my game and/or system? Is anyone else seeing this?

ksp log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YckDD54-HWSTBVR3AxYzVFUlU/view?usp=sharing

windows 10, running 64 bit ksp

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 820M

http://imgur.com/3kRIEJn

This is a new problem in 1.1.3 This did not exist in previous versions.

Edited by Otis
fixed link for log

I do not have Steam. Downloaded from KSP store.

I'm going to do some regular stuff, update graphics driver etc., but 1.1.2 works fine. 1.1.3 has no shadows. I'm also gonna copy the settings file over from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 shortly to see if that fixes it. Stuff like this drives me nuckin futz.

Still getting shadows too here, no issues there. Though I am currently playing with no shadows but only because I have them turned OFF for performance improvement when working on the space station. 

Have you been able to correct this issue? This may be uncalled for but have you checked the graphic settings to see if they didn't got changed by any chance after update? 

Cheers. 

update : I updated graphics driver, there was one available. Didn't help. I then copied settings from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 after deleting 1.1.3 settings. That was no help. Double checked 1.1.2, turns out there was no shadows there either. Go to show you how long it's been since I played. Erased settings in 1.1.3 again and started over, and my shadows finally came back. So, now I'm gonna tweak the game again, one setting at a time until I can figure out what caused my problem.

I found it. Under graphics settings/render quality, can no longer go below simple and still have shadows. I don't know if this intentional or unique to my pc. I don't recall having problems with this in prior releases. I usually play with render quality set at it's "fastest" setting because I play on a laptop. I'll probably get curious later and go back and test on prior releases. It was like this in 1.1.2, I just didn't notice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.