Micro SSTO

For some weird reason, after watching several youtube videos, I became obsessed with Micro SSTO's, in other words, getting a kerbal or two into orbit, in a minimalistic fashion.

Now I know there are plenty of designs out there, that takes them up in a service bay and sum-such, but I wanted to try my hand with some simple designs. After 10 hours and some 20 different designs, I arrived to this.

Albeit some of my designs used tweakscale and interstellar fuels, I wanted something that can be done with stock parts, no heavy clipping so beginners can see the components, a more "classic" look.

Here it is in orbit, I left Engineer data up:  3a17d815f1874359b0fb544c605a4db5.png

Here's ready to descend:  2249cf525ae34f55b6168a0f5ce251f2.png

It has RCS controls, 160ish units of mono-propellant and a shielded docking port on the belly of the plane, so you can take it up to 100-120 km KO, dock and return. Its a great joy to fly, aero brakes like a pro and handles very well, no flips when aero braking or weird control. Let me know what you think about it !

Edited by Zamolxes77

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.