Unexplained rotation

I'm having a weird issue with KSP 1.1.3 and wasn't entirely sure where to post it. My spacecrafts tend slowly rotate along the "velocity axis" for no apparent reason. I'm not talking about the rotation you get when aligned with the Normal/Anti-Normal velocity vector, this happens regardless of what vector the craft is aligned to. It happens outside the atmosphere, I build my crafts as symmetrical as possible and it happens with all of my spacecrafts. I have a  couple mods installed, but this happened before I installed any mods with a fresh install of 1.1.3. Using the trim function counters it, but this isn't really a solution. It's far from a game breaking issue, but it is quite annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Edited by Mjarf

Do you have a joystick/gamepad connected?
Sometimes I have the exact same thing happening and that was the cause.
You can see your (roll) rotation gauge being slightly off centre when SAS is off.

You might have a loose part rattling around somewhere. Check that your previous stages detached as intended and didnt leave behind anything that detached and got hung up somewhere. Parts attached to your vessle wont collide, but parts no longer attached can, and in unity  (4, dunno about 5) that tends to cause a continuos force to be applied that is often out of proportion to the expected physics.

Check any payload bays as well. The heat mechanics do odd things and often a low heat tolerance part inside a bay somewhere pops because a high tolerance part decided to dump its heat into it. Whatever was attached to it then rattles around causing the same kind of collision errors.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.