German KSP reporting, hello world!

olex

Well, I finally found the forums. Hello everybody!

I\'m Olex, from Germany. I\'m actually in the same town as the ESA\'s Satellite Control center... not that it\'s in any way relevant. I\'ve found out about this game a week ago or so, played the demo first, and bought the full version soon - this is definitely worth 15$, probably more in fact.

I feel that I need to thank the authors of this game, it\'s absolutely awesome. I\'ve always been fascinated by space, and this just gives me so many things to go and try out, it\'s incredible :) Can\'t wait for the 0.16 to come out.

So, what have I got so far? Some dead Kerbals and debris in permanent orbits, sure... but also, I\'ve got a space plane to the Mun:

n9srdh.jpg

k5zBmh.jpg

I also got it back and landed on Kerbin, but didn\'t take screenshots of that.

And just today I found one of the Mun arches, landed next to it, and used the landed craft as navigation help to guide down a Munar rover.

qU0XBh.jpg

CjFuMh.jpg

rHqxrh.jpg

gGBfXh.jpg

All stock parts, I haven\'t used any mods yet.

So, I\'m definitely having fun with this, and more crazy things sure are to come :)

Welcome! I love the rover design. Your English is flawless, by the way.

Thank you :) I\'ve been to the States a few times, and watch a lot of movies and TV series in English - it seems to help. My mother tongue is actually Russian.

The rover is based on a screenshot I found on Reddit (/r/kerbalspaceprogram). It\'s a bit fiddly to get off the lander module, many hectic RCS burns and some swearing are involved. It\'s also badly balanced and pulls heavily to the left when driving, and I have rolled it on the Mun multiple times - but it can be rolled back up on the wheels using RCS. I will be building a bigger, more stable rover soon to explore the second arch - thinking of putting some engines on sideways and landing it wheels down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.