RCS Fuel Tank Ordering

You\'d think that the wee little RCS tanks I put on the very top of my ship would be used very last, as that\'s how I ordered them in the stage list and the giant one for my first stage would be used first.

However, KSP has different plans. I can\'t right click on them to disable flow-is there something that I\'m missing to order RCS tank usage? I\'ve never had this problem before.

The game seems to often to use RCS tanks in the order they were placed. If you add RCS tanks to a lower stage, and then go back and put some in a stage above that, the higher ones will be used first. Basicaly, take the RCS tanks off the top, replace them, rinse and repeat for each RCS tank. That\'s a workaround, but I think the devs are planning on redoing the staging logic sometime, which will hopefully fix this.

I actually believe the game will use the RCS fuel tank that is the most 'away' from the command pod. When I mean 'away' I mean how far is it connected wise, not actual distance. Example: Lets say you have a command pod with a structural piece connected below you then a fuel tank connected below that. Both the structural piece and fuel tank have some radial RCS tanks attached to them. Because, the fuel tank is attached to the structural part which in turn is connected to the command pod, the RCS tank on the fuel tank will be used first instead of the structural part\'s RCS tank because its directly attached to the command pod which is closer connection wise. You get what I\'m saying? The order at which RCS tanks are used are based on how far the RCS tank is away from the command pod connection wise, and it starts at the farthest RCS tank. Its a simple concept but it can get pretty complicated.

Source: my own observations