How to change age of station for contract problems

I searched already... Didn't find anything of use.  Is there a way to change the age of a station?  

I accepted a contract to place a new space station in Kerbin orbit, launched a new station and improved it, completed all the requirements, but the contract won't complete.  The requirement to launch after accepting the contract will not clear. 

If it were a simple satellite, I'd just launch a new one.  I'm on career mode though, and the required station is quite large and expensive.   Antenna, power generation, research lab, viewing cupola and room for nine Kerbals.  The only thing I can think of that may have screwed me over is if I docked an older ship at the station before meeting all the requirements.

My game is basically stock 1.1.3.  Just KIS/KAS, KAC, KER, Nav Ball Docking Alignment Indicator, and Nav Lights.  No extra parts on the station beyond nav lights, and no contract configurators.

Edit: apparently, the answer is "When in doubt, cheat!"  I'm good with that in this case, because I clearly met and exceeded the intent of the contract.  It certainly didn't mention a docking ring ;-)

Edited by HalcyonSon

8 minutes ago, HalcyonSon said:

I searched already... Didn't find anything of use.  Is there a way to change the age of a station?  

I accepted a contract to place a new space station in Kerbin orbit, launched a new station and improved it, completed all the requirements, but the contract won't complete.  The requirement to launch after accepting the contract will not clear. 

If it were a simple satellite, I'd just launch a new one.  I'm on career mode though, and the required station is quite large and expensive.   Antenna, power generation, research lab, viewing cupola and room for nine Kerbals.  The only thing I can think of that may have screwed me over is if I docked an older ship at the station before meeting all the requirements.

My game is basically stock 1.1.3.  Just KIS/KAS, KAC, KER, Nav Ball Docking Alignment Indicator, and Nav Lights.  No extra parts on the station beyond nav lights, and no contract configurators.

hit alt+f12

Go to 'contracts'

Find the contract that's bugged

hit 'Com'

That will force the contract to complete. :)

"The only thing I can think of that may have screwed me over is if I docked an older ship at the station before meeting all the requirements."

Yes, that would be the culprit if you did that.

If you're up to save game file viewing/editing, I think it's the launch ID that KSP uses to keep track of what order things were launched in and whether they were before or after certain contracts being accepted, but I don't know the details. When ships are docked together, it's the eldest/lowest launch ID that counts for the new vessel.

Using the debug menu is easier if you're sure you've met the terms of the contract.

Edited by ElWanderer
Got mixed up about oldest/most recent

4 hours ago, ElWanderer said:

When ships are docked together, it's the most recent launch ID that counts for the new vessel.

You mean the oldest launch ID?

Also, don't they revert after undocking again?

4 hours ago, ElWanderer said:

"The only thing I can think of that may have screwed me over is if I docked an older ship at the station before meeting all the requirements."

Yes, that would be the culprit if you did that.

If you're up to save game file viewing/editing, I think it's the launch ID that KSP uses to keep track of what order things were launched in and whether they were before or after certain contracts being accepted, but I don't know the details. When ships are docked together, it's the most recent launch ID that counts for the new vessel.

Using the debug menu is easier if you're sure you've met the terms of the contract.

[ALT][F12] worked for me.  All the boxes were checked on the contract in the sidebar except "Launch new station."  I had other projects underway, so I certainly wouldn't have started such an ambitious station without a lucrative contract to pay for it.  Amazingly, it only took a few days game time to launch and assemble.  Real time is another story... Launching the docking ring was giving me fits.  The Kraken made it clear that you DO NOT attempt to dock a tug to a component in the middle of a ship and try to undock the ports at either end.  I had the spokes of my docking ring packaged neatly where I thought they'd be easy to remove without disassembling the entire launcher... nope.  I'll start a thread with the journey.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.