Advanced KSP Mission Calculator Tool

JSideris

Hello all, thanks to everyone who had an interest in my "Mission-Based Rocket Designer + Simulator" tool. I've taken the tool down and replaced it with it's successor: the Advanced KSP Mission Calculator Tool.

>>>TRY IT<<<

Features

Plan missions

planmissions.png

Designs and simulates rockets with tons of optimizations

rocket_design.png

Shows you how to fly the rocket with a detailed flight plan

flight_plan.png

Supports the following mods (more coming):

• Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • Stage Recovery

Help Make it Better

The calculator is not done. There are quite a few ideas I have in mind for it. Unfortunately doing my own research and developing the tool is very time consuming. So here is my call for help:

• Does anyone know how the tweakscale mod works? How are engine stats (like thrust, weight, etc) calculated?
  • I've been looking for information on the outer planets mod. Can anyone supply me with detailed technical information on the planets and moons in that mod (similar to what you'd find in the right pane on the KSP wiki)?
  • Try my challenge. I'd like to see the designs for rockets that emerge as they will help me fine-tune my calculator. The data from this challenge will be useful to me because it calls for only the most efficient rocket designs.
  • Does anyone have any ideas regarding how to penalize super-long burns (something I've been thinking a lot about and struggling with)?
  • Another thing I'm trying to add is the ability to algorithmically add control surfaces and reaction wheels. It's not trivial. Any ideas?
  • Report bugs or suggestions to [email protected].
Edited by JSideris

Just tried this out and I like it so far. It's pretty intuitive. 

Two suggestions for features I'd like to see:
Allow us to set our initial target orbit (80 km is default for Kerbin)
Allow us to manually enter engines from mods. You shouldn't be responsible for scouring every mod. Let us that use them do some of the work. All the data needed should be available in the construction menu, right? This could also help with your Tweakscale issue. We get the new values after tweaking, we can enter them. 

5 hours ago, Torgo said:

Just tried this out and I like it so far. It's pretty intuitive. 

Two suggestions for features I'd like to see:
Allow us to set our initial target orbit (80 km is default for Kerbin)
Allow us to manually enter engines from mods. You shouldn't be responsible for scouring every mod. Let us that use them do some of the work. All the data needed should be available in the construction menu, right? This could also help with your Tweakscale issue. We get the new values after tweaking, we can enter them. 

Good idea, a few people have requested custom engines as well. Custom initial orbits would be quite easy to add as well so I might throw that into the next update. 

Works very well thus far! I agree that it is unfeasible to expect all mods/parts to be supported. Letting the user define their own stats would be a good feature.

Similarly, an over the top 110% stretch goal would be to allow input of custom orbital parameters for RSS and the like; BUT, only after any core functionality is in place.

Nice tool, and a very nice interface. That's a difficult trick, I always struggle with them myself :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.