How can I make my game run better?

My game runs okay, just when I get lift off ( rarely ) and I start heading up the game lags due to the rendering of the terrain etc, I have turned off the terrain generation option for the 3D thing but that hasn\'t really helped, what else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

-Chrissssyx

I have had this same issue for a long time.

Basically, what I have figured out is to deal with it.

Im not trying to be snarky, but its a known issue apparently, and only a lucky bunch gets to experiance the lag at launch issues.....it sucks and I hate it.

But playing the game outwieghts the hate i guess, I just hope they fix it at some point.

For many of us, there is lag anytime Kerbin is on the screen (until above ~170,000m). Try keeping the camera pointed at the sky during flights. If this solves your framerate issues, Mr_Orion came up with a solution that may help you. You can find the topic here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=13682.0

I myself had this problem, so I can sympathize. Before I found that topic, I had just gotten used to launching all my rockets while looking at sky/space. Flying spaceplanes was nearly impossible. Anyway, I hope this helps you.