Positives of console KSP

The_Rocketeer

On 2016-09-22 at 10:05 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

Aside from the usual console advantages (hassle-free, affordable, standardized hardware; simpler couch playing experience), I think the console versions have some achievements available that aren't on the PC version if that is important to the player.

this is one of the things i like about the console version,  as im one who likes to get trophies.  but for an experienced KSP player, they are relatively easy.

i really hope they fix that 1 trophy though, i want my plat already lol

2 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

The fact that you think this suggests you don't understand the question.

Yes, if you can. If you can't, feel free to not speak.

I don't understand the baseball-reference. And 'afflictions' have literally nothing to do with this discussion.

Since I created this discussion, no it isn't, despite what you might think. In fact in the OP I acknowledge and deliberately rule out this exact issue from discussion.

It's not that complicated, just be mature and think hard - what do you like (specifically no dislike) about playing KSP on your console?

I'm doing this because I think it would be useful to the community to know the good as well as the bad about console KSP, which is broadly (and I think probably unfairly) considered rather inferior by most members of the community.

They are not the same, they are different experiences. KSP is a very novel game that has taught me to appreciate my PC in a way that almost absolutely no other program ever has. What I want to know is, what is there to look forward to on console?

Perfect. Success. So what?

Not really, the complicated and detailed answers (the ones I've 'liked') are much better in every single respect. They also demonstrate that your narrow view of what KSP can offer on different platforms is really not 'that'.

Now.

Can we please stop having people trying to discuss the meaning of the topic and just discussing the topic itself? It's not very complicated, it says it all, and if u can't bring anything to the stated topic then you literally bring nothing to the thread.

I find it kind of interesting that you want such positive feedback from console players while at the same time you act so negatively towards us. You are not trying to have an actual discussion here. You are really just trying to argue with us. Maybe you could read through some of what you wrote and think about how you would feel if some dude on the internet was talking to you like that. 

People don't like being talked down to, plain and simple. If what you are trying to do is help the 'community' see the 'positives of console ksp' then maybe you should be pressing Squad and Flying Tiger for a working game. Hostility towards console customers sure isn't going to show us any positives of KSP. All it shows us is that you think you are better than us for some reason.  

Also, you can just google 'off-base' or 'affliction' if you are confused about their meaning. 

8 hours ago, Daripuff said:

You are being constantly disappointed with the responses because you set impossible expectations.

What utter utter rubbish. Please go find someone else to annoy.

5 hours ago, chimpbone said:

You are really just trying to argue with us.

If you feel belittled, that's a shame, but it's not my intention or the intention of this thread. If you still feel belittled you're welcome to not be here, and you should realise that that is ok. Really.

Where I'm argumentative (if I am at all) it is simply because I'm trying to defend the integrity of the thread, which all the posts I have derided are assailing by being off topic or criticising my request. I find it astonishing that when someone asks for someone to say something positive about KSP on console all anybody can say is 'it's just so baaaaaad! And you're clearly a hater!'.

Honestly, it seems to me like a lot of you have a hard time following simple instructions, but here goes:

Say. Something. Good. About. KSP. On. Console.

And we're done.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

3 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

It's KSP.   (and all the implications of what a fun, rewarding, enjoyable game that is.  If you need to know what's good about KSP itself, well, you're on a forum dedicated to the game, it can't be hard to find great things about KSP here)

On console. (with the accessibility and comfort of gaming on your couch that that entails)

There is literally nothing more.

If you feel belittled, that's a shame, but it's not my intention or the intention of this thread.

Then stop acting so aggressive, rude, and demeaning, such as:

And we're done.

I really hope so, because you're refusing to accept the answers that people have given, and refusing to accept that literally, the only thing that is good anybody has said about KSP console that is not also good about KSP PC is the fact that it is on console.  

But that's not a bad thing.

The fact that it's on console means you can actually play KSP if you don't have a PC that can handle it, and therefore it's expanding the audience of KSP beyond the PC gamers.
The fact that it's on console means that you can play on your big screen TV while sitting on your couch.
The fact that it's on console is a GOOD THING.

However, that's the only good thing about KSP console that is unique to KSP console.  

Literally everything else that is good about KSP console is the exact same as KSP PC. 

Everything else that is unique about KSP console, is not a good thing.

However, you're not allowing us to talk about the negative.  You're getting mad at us when we talk about the negative.

It really comes off as a case of, "Nevermind that, Mrs Lincoln, what did you like about the play?"

Edited by Daripuff

9 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

If you feel belittled, that's a shame, but it's not my intention or the intention of this thread. If you still feel belittled you're welcome to not be here, and you should realise that that is ok. Really.

Where I'm argumentative (if I am at all) it is simply because I'm trying to defend the integrity of the thread, which all the posts I have derided are assailing by being off topic or criticising my request. I find it astonishing that when someone asks for someone to say something positive about KSP on console all anybody can say is 'it's just so baaaaaad! And you're clearly a hater!'.

Honestly, it seems to me like a lot of you have a hard time following simple instructions, but here goes:

And we're done.

Being condescending, rude, and disrespectful to us isn't going to get you very far, or make KSP on console any more positive or playable. You have even tried to moderate your own thread by trying to tell people what they can and cannot say. Classic. 

I don't feel belittled by you. I recognize that you are trying to belittle me, but it just comes across as pathetic. It seems that you being passive aggressive on the internet just isn't that threatening. Considering you don't even own KSP on console, I have no idea where this is coming from.