How Do I Back Up Current Version Of KSP?

With the release of KSP 1.2 getting ever closer, I want to back up my current 1.1.3 install, just in case my underpowered system objects to the upgrade.  I bought, and play, through Steam and I'm slightly unsure what I need to copy across to a new location before the update, so I can stick with the current version if need be.

Could someone post some idiot proof instructions for an unmodded Steam install please?

Thanks 

Clipper

Assuming windows: You want to look in your steam folder for

Steam/steamApps/common/kerbal space program

Copy the kerbal space program folder and paste it somewhere  outside the steam directory (you could put it on the desktop if you really wanted to). I have steam on a dedicated drive array, so my backup copy and modded copy are just dumped in the root of that drive.

Within the new kerbal space program folder, you will the executable files for starting the game without steam, these are named 'KSP' for 32bit, and 'KSP_x64' for 64bit. You can make shortcuts of these by right clicking them, then moving the new shortcut to wherever is convenient for you. I have the 'ksp korner' (top left) of my desktop set aside just for ksp stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.