Help Installing MechJeb2

Hey there

I downloaded the latest version of Mechjeb from Curse, and the latest version of KSP from Steam.

I tried putting 2 and 2 together, and it doesn't work.

I get errors saying it is installed incorrectly. I did it the way all the tutorials online say to.

Drag the extracted folder into GameData, Squad, and place there.

When I start the game. I get that error.

Please help me. I've played KSP a bit, and can get craft into orbit, but I really want to get this mod working.

2 hours ago, UberGamerKing said:

Hey there

I downloaded the latest version of Mechjeb from Curse, and the latest version of KSP from Steam.

I tried putting 2 and 2 together, and it doesn't work.

I get errors saying it is installed incorrectly. I did it the way all the tutorials online say to.

Drag the extracted folder into GameData, Squad, and place there.

When I start the game. I get that error.

Please help me. I've played KSP a bit, and can get craft into orbit, but I really want to get this mod working.

First, welcome to the forums!

Second, there is a sticky that describes how to get support in the forum where you created this thread.

Third, in that sticky it describes placing mods in the game data folder.  NOT the gamedata/squad folder.  Squad treats it stuff just like a mod, so they have a folder of their own.

Read that sticky post an all your answers lie there!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.