Kerbal Kolonization - Hard Hard Mode Career RP Playthrough

gsamelon

Kerbal Kolonization – This will be an RP playthrough of KSP where I will serve as your narrator.  I have some self imposed rules in addition to those provided by KSP in hard mode.  While I can do any mission I want to make money, much like Elon Musk, they are done to make money for my grand goal of space Kolonization.  I need to balance the time for money and the time to advance my own missions and still meet the overall launch window which will develop through the story I am about to share.

So that being said, here goes:

Kiuseppe Kerbiazzi grew up next to KSP, though he has never seen a rocket launch from the decrepit base.  Most of the buildings have been abandoned for years.  A skeleton crew of administrators has been there to suck up what remaining kerbucks the government has provided.  

Kiu spent most of his life researching some of the old artifacts on Kerbin and has been fascinated with stars above him.  Over the past 10 years he has scavenged enough material to build his own telescope next to the ancient monolith he found as a youth.  Its the only proof he needs to know there is more to space than blackness.  Now he must prove that to everyone else on Kerbin.  With his wealth earned from the invention of Kerbal Snacks, he aims to embark on his journey to space and a revival of the KSC.

gjDdHwI.png

Kiu is convinced.  Last night he saw it . . . a metoer.  It doesn't prove anything about life in space, but it does prove that there is more out there then the Mun.  With a renewed drive, Kiu invests his lifes fortune into Kerbin exploration.  There has to be more on this plant that explains this monolith.  Why did we have KSC ever?  What happened?  He has to find answers.  Time to buy a plane and start exploring.

Kiu finds Bi-Plane on Kerbs List for 5000 12000 Kerbucks.  Some guy by the name of Jeb said he didn't need it anymore, he was never getting above ground again.  Kiu pressed him on why, but all Jeb would say is, "I've seen too much, maybe your experience will be different, but I like it right here on the ground."

Its all he has . . . but he makes the leap.  The journey is on.

B96F0AV.png

First stop, the old air strip.  Kiu as seen it across the ocean and is sure is has something to do with KSC and oh was he right.xwtzAar.png

The landing strip was rough, not much upkeep has gone on here.  There are a couple of abandoned hangers, some destroyed outbuilding and a decrepit tower.  Nobody is sight.  Kiu think he spots an object in the hanger.

AyuC4UB.png

What is this?? Kiu had never seen anything like it.  It appeared to be a Knozzle of some sort, a Kan and possibly an old Kapsule.  He had heard stories of when KSC was operating, could this be old equipment from the program.  Time to haul this stuff home and take it apart and do some research.

Edited by gsamelon

It didn't take long for Kiu to do what Kerbals do best . . . he took apart the Kan.  To his amazement, it was relatively simple to reverse engineer.  You see, Kerbals have been blowing up things for a long time on Kerbin . . . mines, cars, buildings, its their primary method of getting anything done.  So Kiu quickly realized what he was looking at . . . Kerbal Powder.  Stuffed into a Kan, kompacted and sealed, waiting for an ignition source.  

It was like a light bulb going off in Kiu's head, he could use this kompressed kan of kerbal powder and focus it's energy to push something upward.  He knew first he would have to go small scale, but once he had proven the concept, it was time to reach out to some of those old administrators at KSC and see just what the heck was happening at there.  So Kiu began building and blowing up things in his garage until he was ready to test his prototype.  He figured nobody at KSC would see him, so he dceided to use the old launch pad, nothing was happening out there anyways.  

The kEstes-1:Elev 5651m

n4WHd90.png

The kEstes-2:Elev 21,000m

3Hmk4LA.png

After the launch Kiu wished he had hooked some listening devices up to his sensor package, maybe he could have heard something happening in the VAB.  Probably not though, they are probably all sleeping, they didn't even notice the thud on the roof.

cb1pY0g.png

The kEstes-3:49,172m

rffF3Oz.png

The kEstes-4:70,000m 

H9iAqoV.png

The kEstes 4 broke the atmo.  Kiu had done, with only his kompact kans of kerbal powder and small sensor package.  It was great progress, but he was out of cash.  His fortune was gone, but not wasted.  He had something to take to those krusty admins at KSC and show them people were still interested in space.  We he knocked on the door of the KSC admin building it was silent.  No answer.  He walked to the Astronaut Komplex but didn't think he would have success their either.  There hadn't been astronauts at KSC in years but those administrators he had seen in the past had to be somewhere . . .

When Kiu got up to the door of the Komplex he could hear voices.  He couldn't make out what  they were saying, but he heard them.  He knocked . . . no answer.  He knocked again . . . no answer.  Finally he decided he would get their attention, time for some Kerbal Powder on the doorstep.  BOOOM!  It was a little more than he had planned on, but when did Kerbals ever "plan" on anything.  Ut worked, he heard the door open.  

It wasn't what he expected at all . . . a woman.  Kiu had never seen a woman before on Kerbin.  They just didn't seem to exist in any measurable quantity.  But here she was, standing right in front of him.  He couldn't even speak.  Just standing there like a mouth breather.

"Hey moron, you blew up my door mat, what are you thinking?!" exclaimed the woman.

"I . . . uh . . . I . . . uh . . . I was trying to find the administrators of this place." said Kiu.

"Well, there are not administrators at KSC anymore, this place is abandoned. The KSC allows us to use these old facilities to sleep, eat, and just lay around.  Nothing else happening here, now can I help you?

"Well . . . I saw something, something in my telescope.  It looked like an asteroid or large meteor, and based on my initial maths, its going to hit Kerbin!", Kiu frantically said.

"There are all kinds  of meteors and asteroids up there, I've seen them with my own eyes.  Trust me . . . when KSC was operating we tracked every astroid and meteor known to kerbals and none of them were ever going to collide with Kerbin.  In fact it was for that reason the government eventually shut us down.  We had tracked everything in space and nothing was a threat.  Sure there was a lot more to see, but with no threats, there was no reason to ever leave Kerbin.  By the way . . . whats your name?"

"Im Kiuseppe Kerbiazzi, and you?"

"Valentina, nice to meet you, we haven't had anyone here in years, let alone heard a boom like that.  It's been a long time.  Why don't you come in and sit down, my friends will enjoy talking to you about your find."

Kiu and Valentina entered the Komplex.  Immediately Kiu was in shock, he saw a man he had just seen weeks before.  It was the guy from the Kerbs List that he bought the bi-plane from, Jeb.  They both shook hands and laughed as Kiu explained what he had bought the aircraft for.  Bill and Bob eventually made their way over and the 5 of them discussed space for hours.  Kiu had never been to space but he had observed it every night from his patio.  He was fascinated with it.  The four Kosmonauts were enthralled at how much Kiu knew, it was then Val broke his heart.

Val - "Listen buddy, you know a lot about space, more than we ever did before we actually went, but there ain't ever going to be space travel again.  It's done, there is no reason.  We are here to live our our retirement and when we die, this place will likely get demolished. I'm sorry, you were born about 20 years to late, you would have loved it."

Kiu -"I realize the program is dead, and Im not asking for a miracle, only to use these facilities . . . all of them.  I can get some side jobs to make money with the stuff I'm inventing.  There are still companies that need science data from around Kerbin.  Who knows?  I may just find some more useful science here in the KSC buildings that allows me to expand my current limitations.  I just need a spot, if the government doesn't want anything to do with space, that is fine, but I do.  I will inspire young Kerbin's everywhere to have a dream, and dream big.  I plan to start my new company this week to start that inspiration, kEstes Model Rockets.  They will be small scale, but hopefully will motivate the young kerbals to think big."

Val -"You can use anything you want.  And if you need some volunteers for any flights, let us know, we would love to get back into the sky . . . well all of us except Jeb.  He had some brush with the Space Kraken that he won't talk about.  His last mission they recovered him from the ocean off KSC, no pod, no parachute, no nothing.  He claims he fell from the sky . . . I think he suffers from oxygen deprivation.  The rest of us though, anytime you need some help, just ask.  Maybe you could even inspire Jeb to start thinking bigger again."

Kiu- "Awesome!  Thanks!  I'll see you all around, my next step is to get something to in orbit."

Val - "Good luck!"

Kiu continued to stay in touch with Val.  Val provided loads of information on old KSC operations and areas of interest to KSC throughout Kerbin.  Kiu made it his effort to explore even further out and uncover more of the mysteries of space travel.  These adventure though would require draining the pocketbook, which frankly, had already been drained.  So Kiu travelled around Kerbin looking for odd jobs for various aeronautical engineering companies gathering data for them while gaining his own experience at the same time.  He traded in the Bi-Plane and went to the local Kercedez-Kenz Dealer and bought himself the latest Air-Kenz and Kenz models.

syLlEP3.pngNLaDUHg.png

These were just the 2 craft he needed to start exploring the vast Kerbin horizons.  Soon companies began using Kiu to perform research in higher atmosphere environments as they realized travel was potentially more efficient.  Quickly though, the technology Kiu had developed on his own started to reach limits, he needed more historical technology recovered to develop his own work.  So Kiu left KSC on his longest flight, in search of the Ancient Pyramids and the Old KSC Launch Facility that Val had spoken of.  Surely relics could be discovered that would advance his efforts at KSC.

dgkr8Sx.pngzfaASxT.png4WtAfEr.png

Everything Kiu had hoped to find was there.  While no intact technology was found, he was able to disassemble some of the old parts at the original KSC and was gaining a greater understanding of the principles of solid kombustion and jet engines.  With this greater knowledge, Kiu set back to KSC with an aim to get more contracts for work and hopefully start to develop some of the technologies that he uncovered.  The immediate next step though was to upgrade the KSC research facilities and begin working with Bill and Bob to help revitalize R&D.  One technology he was ready to fully implement though was the basic SRB, he would call it the Flea.  Bigger than his commercial off the shelf kEstes rockets, but still small enough to easily mobilize and test at the KSC.  Time to reach greater limits.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.