KSPI power transmission

I sunk 90% of my budget attemping to get wireless power and it just doesn't seem to work.  Is my install borjked or am I doing it wrong?

9QsEomF.png

FJcTfRb.png

This version doesnt allow for transmission either.

LDU9Rdg.png

Edited by Nich

By the look of those radiators I would say you have Near Future modules installed as well? Near future and Interstellar don't go well together, i.e. in that case Interstellar reactors are really bogged down... like ten times down... so 243 kw will not launch you into space. You need Gigawatts. Looking at these pictures I would say that you need to activate transmitters i.e. press "Activate Receiver"... also those radiators look too small, maybe your reactor is shutting down due to overheating? In KSP 1.1.3 I had a orbital power network of about 3,9 gigawatts... it could get you to Duna and back (warp drive way) with some careful planning of orbital capture and landing sites... since I didn't have relays in Duna orbit... but that was in 1.1.3... 1.2 is much different regarding transmitting distances and mechanics of it... 

Edited by NeverEnoughFuel!!

25 minutes ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

By the look of those radiators I would say you have Near Future modules installed as well? Near future and Interstellar don't go well together, i.e. in that case Interstellar reactors are really bogged down... like ten times down...

Near Future does not modify any parts from KSP Interstellar in any way, shape or form o_O Traditionally it was the other way around. KSPI patched Near Future stuff.

And I would be surprised if KSPI nerfed itself across the board by an order of magnitude just because another mod is installed.

1 minute ago, Streetwind said:

And I would be surprised if KSPI nerfed itself across the board by an order of magnitude just because another mod is installed.

Yup... that's the case believe it or not... since 1.0.4... maybe even earlier... I fell in the same trap first time... back in 1.0.4... it's basically a situation when KSPI engines (thermal or plasma) demand gigawatts to function properly, but the KSPI reactors are too weak to give them that power... so you need MORE of them ... lol...

19 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

And nobody on the KSPI team ever thought of fixing that? How extremely strange.

Well they claim it's for balance purpose... you can say that... I mean if you are transmitting 1 GW across solar system all of the NF engines are getting more than enough even at Eloo distance so you don't need to carry NF reactors around... why they didn't patch KSPI engines... maybe it's too much work I don't know...

I thought the molten salt reactor was supposed to generate 444 MW and even with a 30% efficient thermal to electric generator it should still be able to generate 133 MW.  Most likely will be uninstalling NF.

Funny how I have to activate the "receiver" in order to transmit :/ <face palm>

4 hours ago, Nich said:

I thought the molten salt reactor was supposed to generate 444 MW and even with a 30% efficient thermal to electric generator it should still be able to generate 133 MW.  Most likely will be uninstalling NF.

Funny how I have to activate the "receiver" in order to transmit :/ <face palm>

He he he... one small tip, if you don't have stronger reactor than molten salt, slap two electric generators on both sides, that way you can squeeze out more electricity... this used to work in previous versions... maybe that trick isn't working anymore...

hhmmmm...  @NeverEnoughFuel!! When I hit activate receiver the antenna deploys and the immediately retracts.  I never get any power transmission.

I also uninstalled NF and it still did not work.  Could you post a craft file of a working plant maybe I am missing some part that is required

Edited by Nich

Watch for the waste heat! 99% chance it's overheating... I found out that a "general rule" is to double amount of radiators according to total heat of a reactor... so if a reactor has let's say 1 Gw of total heat put a number of radiators that covers 2 Gw of heat... I had a working plant in 1.1.3 ... I don't have those files anymore... give me some time I'll make something in 1.2 ... transmitters are very sensitive to waste heat...

Edit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Zziy2NEFQPZ2xNWTREX0VqaUE/view?usp=sharing

Here they are... well it turns out those foldable transceivers are unable to transmit... If I messed up upload (there should be three plants)  the parts who can transmit are spherical inline 4 tonnes, spherical 0,4 tonnes and rectenna 6 tonnes... in fact they are the only parts in microwave network who have "Activate transmitter" button... all of the others can function only as relays... this was in sandbox so open them in separate save file if you are in career mod... they changed a lot of things in 1.2 ...    

Edit 2: Oh... I messed up upload... there should be a separate link for each file... I've never used google drive before... well I'm a caveman... but never mind you'll manage... 

Edited by NeverEnoughFuel!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.