I finally made it to The Mun!

Dusty926

Hello, I forgot to post a hello topic in the new players forum or something so I went ahead and said it here. Back on topic: I MADE IT TO THE MUN FOR MY FIRST TIME! (Well ok there was other times but I crashed on the landed each time) And yes I did use mechjeb.

Reason I used MechJeb: Every time the gravity turn would start (or if I did it) the ship would have a seizure and send me tumbling harder than Rusty Wallace in the 90\'s. Even with ships proven to go out to the mun and come back.

I\'m proud, but the fact that I used MechJeb makes me less proud. (But still proud.)

EDIT: Oh, and, hello. :)

Hi :D and nice lander ;P

Congratulations for the first time, its always exciting when you finally do it. ;) I myself, landed on Minmus before I ever landed on the Mun, and I even had rovers on it before the Mun =P

Thank you, now just a quick question. Can you turn off auto-saving? And if you can, how? (I\'m gonna try and get back to Kerbin but I don\'t want the game to auto save during my trip or after my trip)

If you mean that you want to attempt to get back to Kerbin, and just reload your save back on the Mun, try pressing F5 to quicksave, and autosaving shouldn\'t be a problem, and you can just press F9 to go back, but if that wasn\'t the question ;P Well.. Im not sure how you would turn it off :D

mechjeb any form of control assistance is for kribles.

Kribles being a lame and wimpy kerbal off shoot race that I just made up and doesn\'t exist. They suck, don\'t be like those guys.

im a 'krible' as you call it then. i dont need no asas, or mech jeb xD

Nice. Unless you used MechJeb to land. MJ landings are only acceptable on Kerbin. So as long as you landed manually, you did well. Good job! you know, if you landed manually.

I landed manually, I just had to use MechJeb to get on a collision course with the Mun. After that it was pretty easy. (Although getting rid of my horizontal velocity was a pain in the A$$)

Congratulations on landing on the Mun for the first time! Yeah, I remember all there was available to aid in landing was ASAS (which still required some control), SAS (if you want controlable SAS), or completely manual. I also remember needing to use winglets to land if depending only on stock parts (which made it very tricky if untrained unless you perform the necessary training).

Hopefully in the near future, we will be able to create special landers that act as payload to the point we can return to (or least bring near) the actual rocket (provided you know how to bring it up close to the rocket). With that in mind, it could enable even more interesting training since it is a way to learn how to dock (which is not built-in yet). One of the tasks that would need to be done is to utilize RCS or liquid rocket engines (RCS is probably best to prevent screwing up) so you can properly bring the kerbals back.

One interesting condition for that though is that you may eventually need a multi-crewed command module rocket to even attempt such a feat (unless you got a remote controlled rocket :P). Anyway, nice job on the landing. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.