Aerostar Marketing Hall

This vehicle is being phased out in favour of the Canary. See below.

Aerostar Kossak Albatross

Sooooooo... I made this 47-part, three-engined plane weighing 132 tons at full fuel load of 19407.1. It has three engines, clipped to line up the centers of thrust and mass. Really stable, peppy, but no pitch-power coupling :) The plane stalls real slow, so don't worry. Comes with full lighting suite, nacelle outrigger wheels, comms antenna, forward, reverse and underside cameras (JSI), MFD's (also JSI), two air ramps and staging/airlock things in the ramp bays.

abort speed = rotate speed, 95 m/s

stalls at 50 m/s

Initial Turn: 1.9G, 80m radius

34.1 metre long, 33.5 metre wingspan, 72 crew (and 2 staging seats in rampbays)

MODS!!!!1!!!!1 Airplane Plus, LLL SXT, the Nav Light mod, I think that's it (wait, feline util rover for the staging seats) Hullcam VDS

Medical Notice: Epilepsy, Fuel Inhalation, and Irradiation may be caused by industry-standard "KSP clipping" construction method.

NOTE: Aerostar standard practice on airbreathers is to set stage to engine starters and RCS to reverser.

Screenshots and .craft download

Edited by Aerostar Research

The Bumblebee Shuttle!

12.7 metric tonnes, cruise 150 at 5000, 1362.9 units of liquid fuel for two APR-400 turboprops (Airplane Plus). Good balance, responsive controls. Range estimated at ~800km.

Oh, and install Feline Utility Rover. The ladder is perfectly sized and I'm not replacing it. Also new edit just now, stats updated

Screenshots <<< and craft

NOTE: Aerostar standard practice on airbreathers is to set stage to engine starters and RCS to reverser. This plane also has speedbrakes on AG1

[read post in car dealer ad voice] ANOTHA PLANE! twitchy like the Bumblebee, dynamic like the Albatross, TEN ENGINES OF DOOM! Four of which are Vectors in VTOL CONFIGURATION!!!!!1!1!! Enter the Aerostar Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Oneee!!!!!! screenies and craft available at www.aerostarjets.da.best.ksp (jk here is the link) Not recommended for children under 3 years old, awesomeness leaves permanent impressions in brain.

Modlist: OPT, B9, I think that's it

IMPORTANT: I'm actually stupid and I didn't remember for a whole month to put up the Z-1 screenshots. I'll put them up eventually

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 9:27 AM, TopHeavy11 said:

Technically, first. lolol.

Your crafts look awesome.

Thanks! Are they any good to fly? I got discouraged of the forums after nobody noticed me. But now I'm back. I need to play more KSP, but no time

A thought: Just noticed something. KSP started calling the Kossak locked-invalid... idk what it was, I didn't uninstall any mods. But it got me thinking. It's a 2.5m fuselage, but set up as a long-range trijet. It is a clone of the MD11 (except for the cockpit, I think the M-85 Kossak from LLL is supposed to be for 777), but is sized like a 727, and sure handles like the MD! (pitch-unstable) I built a mk3 plane once, back in 1.1, called the Canary. It basically was a 737 clone and flew on two Tweakscaled B9 CMF-56es. I should bring it back..maybe? poll is posted. edit: nvm can't make a poll

In a little over an hour over yesterday and today, I brought back the Canary.

Some background:

Back in 1.0.5, I built a stock plane in Mk3, with a T-tail, tweaked wing, canards, four Goliath engines mounted Il-62 style, and 'middle' tailplanes on the engine nacelles. I called it Canary II. (The original had two engines and no midplanes) It had a huge fuel tank of ~11K units in the back behind the 48 seats. It handled so well it could do half-cubans at 5km.

Then in 1.1.X, I made a Canary with the CMF56 engines, more like a 737 or Embraer. It had just 9000 FOB, and handled in a docile manner. I scrapped it.

The new one is genuinely overpowered. It can keep 66 m/s on a 60+° climb. The wing is all the way in the back...idk why. It has two CMF's scaled to 1.050m, canards like the original, and double-slotted flaps that don't do what they're supposed to just yet. Split winglet with speedbrake. Neat pitch and roll, docile yaw handling. Project folder

MODZ! Airplane plus, B9 for the engines. I think something might be from Lack's SXT idk

NOTE: Aerostar standard practice on airbreathers is to set stage to engine starters and RCS to reverser. Speedbrake on AG3, APU that doesn't generate power on AG4. Flaps are 1&2, push 1 to set flaps 1, then push 1 again and then push 2 for flaps full.

They look cool. You now, you could copy and paste images from an image hosting site into the forums, or directly use an imgur album right? (imgur is free btw)

46 minutes ago, qzgy said:

They look cool. You now, you could copy and paste images from an image hosting site into the forums, or directly use an imgur album right? (imgur is free btw)

This puts all the project materials in one place. Same reason all my aircraft are in one thread. Eventually each Drive folder will have manuals too. Maybe I'll even add CKAN configurations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.