A Very Personal Jet

A Very Personal Jet

This isn't really based on anything more than a bunch of conceptual images of small personal jets (hence the name).  The closest I could get (and really the style of aesthetic I was shooting for) is the Maverick Personal Jet:

Image result for maverick personal jet

I wanted to try and make it amphibious, but any way I looked it at the overall aesthetic and handling was destroyed so I landed with this.  I think the biggest aesthetic I've achieved is the mating of the adjustable ramp intake with the two Juno's.  I'm sure this has been done before.  It provides a slightly different way of looking at the rear of the aircraft, and gave me a way to taper the angled radial intakes into the engine from over the wing.  Over all it makes for pleasing profiles from any angle.

kqs7EsF.png

As you can see from the top down profile the proportions look just right, and the radial intakes coupled with the rear engine and fuselage tank set up mean this is not just another flying cigar.

Cig7M02.png

The fuel consumption is pretty good.  A throttles buried flight to the island runway consumed 8 of the 200 units of fuel on board, meaning the Very Personal Jet has a decent enough range.  It handles beautifully at all stages of flight and full throttle is certainly not required once at cruising altitude.  It's really comfortable hands free at about 5 degrees AoA, 140 m/s and 75% throttle.

alzekwy.png

Action grouped speed brakes means a short landing to go with the ultra short takeoff.  Takeoff can be achieved from 32 m/s, and landing speeds can be as low as 45 m/s.  I've also softened the rear gears spring strength to about 0.85 to prevent the dreaded KSP bounce.  The track is also super wide on this personal jet which means super stable takeoff and landings, even on grass or rough terrain!

s4QJJOQ.png

A Very Personal Jet

STATS

Parts - 39
Weight - 5.435t
Height - 3m
Width - 9.6m
Length - 8.7m

Powerplant - 2 x J-20 Juno Jet Engines

CRAFT FILE

EDIT:  I guess I should think about starting a thread for my designs.  I don't want to cause "cluttering" of all my terrible craft into the main forum section :)

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet

7 hours ago, qzgy said:

I like what you did at the back, using the intake a a shroud for the junos

Cheers!  I think I've seen it done before, but I think it improves the look of the back of small jets, particularly in side profile!

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Nice! I have done the same thing with four ion engines in an intake, but that looks great with junos, well done. The shape of the jet looks spot on.

ahha, Maybe it was you I copied.  Thanks for the complement.  I'm really pleased with the shape :)

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.