what is editorloop01.ogg?

nibula

Thanks for posting this, i never would have looked myself. xD Listened to it and I hope it plays in 0.17. :3

I found this a while ago, and personally, I hope it is banished from the game, never to return.

I hate it, if it were played in the VAB it would slowly turn my brain to mush, bit by bit, cell by cell until I mentally became little more than a bowl of cold porridge, for it is the musical equivalent of such.

To me it says: "Welcome to The Sims Build-mode. I hope you enjoyed your sanity while it lasted."

In other words, I am not a fan of this loop, and I hope to dear goodness that it is never included. I'd prefer something more ambient, like the sounds of welding, chatting kerbals, and distant clangs of machinery.

Good thing that's over with. Nothing like a bit of meiosis from myself to inform everyone of my unwanted opinion. :)

Furthermore, if the creator of this piece of music reads this, I'm sorry, it's nothing personal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Frankenstein

I found this a while ago, and personally, I hope it is banished from the game, never to return.

I hate it, if it were played in the VAB it would slowly turn my brain to mush, bit by bit, cell by cell until I mentally became little more than a bowl of cold porridge, for it is the musical equivalent of such.

To me it says: "Welcome to The Sims Build-mode. I hope you enjoyed your sanity while it lasted."

In other words, I am not a fan of this loop, and I hope to dear goodness that it is never included. I'd prefer something more ambient, like the sounds of welding, chatting kerbals, and distant clangs of machinery.

Good thing that's over with. Nothing like a bit of meiosis from myself to inform everyone of my unwanted opinion. :)

Furthermore, if the creator of this piece of music reads this, I'm sorry, it's nothing personal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Frankenstein

To each his own.

I personally find it a little generic, a little bland, but otherwise a good concept. And wasn't the music in the original sims really good? I mean, listen!

The newer Sims have started getting some pretty bad music, though. That is to say, IMO. I still have SimCity 2000, and although simple, the music is great.

Maybe I'm a sucker for classic games.

I find that the longer a series has been running for, the worse the music generally gets, although that is probably only true half the time. I mean, I love the music in Tropico 3, but Tropico 4 seemed lackluster.

-snip-

Edited by flaillomanz
I'm an idiot

I personally think this music sounds like an almost retro background loop that often played in car selection screens in older games (e.g., Rush 2 on Nintendo 64, etc.). KSP needs a more upbeat, slightly more dangerous background loop. I'm thinking welding, some small explosions, metal clanging and clattering. Tools being dropped, sheet metal tearing, etc.

Perhaps the frequent sound of duct tape being unrolled and slapped onto various surfaces ;)

But not so much that it becomes annoying. A more upbeat, cheery tune should be the main feature, with the rest minor and amusing parts of the track.

I personally think this music sounds like an almost retro background loop that often played in car selection screens in older games (e.g., Rush 2 on Nintendo 64, etc.). KSP needs a more upbeat, slightly more dangerous background loop. I'm thinking welding, some small explosions, metal clanging and clattering. Tools being dropped, sheet metal tearing, etc.

Perhaps the frequent sound of duct tape being unrolled and slapped onto various surfaces ;)

But not so much that it becomes annoying. A more upbeat, cheery tune should be the main feature, with the rest minor and amusing parts of the track.

I agree, and I also believe that it should incorporate a very subtle sci-fi theme into that mixture.

I agree entirely :)

Perhaps... the sounds of some engines spooling up for "testing" occasionally as well?

I'm thinking rather than a pregenerated track, we ought to have a basic background track, with some very randomised effects playing as mentioned.

If you glance back at the production notes in the blog (well, now that I look, the development blog no longer includes those screenshots or anecdotes /sigh), that very theme fits very well with the GUI Squad used in the beginning. It just doesn't fit now. I've used it on one video, but thinking about it playing in the VAB makes me grind my teeth. It just doesn't fit much anymore with the interface the way it is.

It turns out editorLoop01 is even in 0.8, I'm not sure if it's in 0.7.3 since there's no mirrors for it.

Something else I found in 0.8 was an industrial (Not the music genre) ambience track. However, it doesn't loop and the sound of what I'm guessing is a turbine turning on and off throughout the clip is very annoying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.