[support] Ships jump in physical warp when rendezvous

KSP Version: Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.0.1804 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

What Happens: Target ship jumps in physical warp when rendezvous

Mods / Add-Ons: All Stock

Steps to Replicate: 

1) Launch one ship to orbit

2) Launch second one

3) Rendezvous first and second ships to distance less than 1000m and more than 300m and make their relative speed <1m/s

4)  Focus one of the vessels

5) Press Alt+. to start physical warp x2, x3 or x4

6) Observe how jumps target ship

7) Press / to return to x1 speed

8) Observe how target ship returns back to initial position from 3-4)

Result: Target ship jumps in physical warp when rendezvous

Fixes/Workarounds: I found no one. Please, help.

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

When ships get closer than 200m this bug disappears. I.e. target ship don't jump when I perform physical warp.

Here are few screenshots made one after another. You can see on the timer there is not much time passed. Also you can see relative speed between current ship and target one is 0.1m/s. The only thing changes is physical warp speed:

Album a/xSUp7 will appear when post is submitted

Last screenshot was made after previous 4 to show that on x1 speed target ship is still on its old place.

It's absolutely clear install, no mods present. I can provide save file with exactly this situation and VAB files for both ships (just tell me where should I send them).

How can I fix this problem? I tried to look for solution for it, but found no one. Please help me, don't delete this thread! At least PM me if I doing something wrong, because I really confused.

Edited by WakabaGyaru

• 2 weeks later...

(bit late) This is a stock bug and has been around for a while, there is no workaround I know of. You have to dock in 1x speed unless you want weirdness-not sure if rails warp screws around as well. If you can't find a report of it in any of the 1,461 active tickets, file one to add to the list.

This isn't a bug, but a limitation. There is a warning dialog that pops up if you try to accelerate physics warp past 2x. this is because the number of calculations required to accurately render the positions of the craft can add a heavy processing load. The result may be misplaced vessels during the warp. This is corrected once warp is exited usually.

I'm assuming that because you are going to 3x and above, you have elected to suppress the warning by checking the radio button "Don't show this again"  It can be reset by opening the settings.cfg file and finding the line 

SHOW_PWARP_WARNING = False

and setting it to true.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.