no crossfeeed after docking

Hello,

here's a picture of my latest Vessel, both as an assembly kit and finished in Orbit. Problem is, on the assembled vessel there is no fuel crossfeed from the outriggers. I can only access the stuff from the core. I built a very similar vessel just the other day (picture) which worked just fine. What's wrong with this one?

misassembly.jpg

To double-check, I assembled the vessel in VAB and rolled it out. Works nicely. As soon as I undock and reconnect a part, however, the fuel in the reattached part becomes inaccessible.

(in case you're wondering why I'm building such a thing... it's a challenge)

Edited by Laie

15 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

turn off "resource transfers obey cross feed rules."

I wasn't even aware such a thing exists. Alas, that's not an option but a difficulty setting you may check on the start of a new (Career|Sandbox|Science) game. In order to change it at a later time one has to edit the savegame.

This is not the answer I was looking for (I expect it's due to some arcane side effects of rerooting when two vessels are merged). But at least it's a workaround that allows me to keep going. Thank you very much.

5 minutes ago, Laie said:

I wasn't even aware such a thing exists. Alas, that's not an option but a difficulty setting you may check on the start of a new (Career|Sandbox|Science) game. In order to change it at a later time one has to edit the savegame.

This is not the answer I was looking for (I expect it's due to some arcane side effects of rerooting when two vessels are merged). But at least it's a workaround that allows me to keep going. Thank you very much.

Like I said, I usually have the same problem when docking my tanker vessels to my stations. I usually have to toggle the crossfeed on all parts (docking ports mostly) before I can transfer the fuel. Try assembling it in the VAB and turn on the fuel delivery overlay (action menu on an engine or fuel tank) - you might need advanced tweakables turned on for this - and check if it goes across.

Also, you can reach the options by pressing ESC > Settings > Difficulty Options. It's on the second page. No save file editing necessary. :)

Y3Oo9w0.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.