Shiny Industries - Defense and Aerospace

Shiny

2ldVs.png

Welcome to the new and improved Shiny Industries!

I decided to make a new thread after I realized I couldn't edit the title of the old one. I also needed to make posts right after my OP for more planes due to the 5 image limit. All creations are stock besides the tank, which requires Jellycube's railgun mod and Damned Robotics.

-All-Purpose Jets-

yE8yj.png

An all-purpose low altitude jet. Modeled after the F-35 Lightning.

Note: Don't press space twice - I used hardpoints for some of the finder details of the plane.

mB1xG.png

An all-purpose high altitude jet. Don't turn too fast. Inspired by the VTOL in Kerbals at War.

Edited by Shiny

-Bombers-

Rh9ip.png

A nice, large, stable bomber for all your bombing needs! Bombs not included.

Ch0hZ.png

2nd generation bomber that takes off fast and has a large payload and range. Fairly stable.

Edited by Shiny

-SSTO Craft-

yHQJW.png

NfXBD.png

Capable of reaching a low-kerbin orbit with enough fuel to re-land.

Edit: I also forgot to retract landing gear. Every single time.

VLEEp.png

A large frigate-class starship. Entirely stock. Mechjeb is optional - stick the case version on the cockpit, set the turn start to above 40k and the turn end to above 100k. This is a VAB craft.

Edited by Shiny

But... But... They're not shiny! ;(

In all seriousness, those are some pretty damn good planes and what not. Well done. This is what I say to anything I see posted here in the exchange, because anything here looks amazing compared to my... semi successful attempts.

Edited by Panichio

If you're talking about the sunbeam laser mod, yeah, I wish I could use the auto-aim of the laser. I tried editing the cfg to allow part attachment onto the laser itself, but when I aimed the laser, the model moved without the stuff attached to the model moving.

Added a much larger, frigate class SSTO. I'm still thinking of a catchy name, so I'll just call it the "F-02 Frigate" for now. This is a VAB design, so don't put it in the SPH.

VLEEp.png

Heavily inspired by 42i and kerby1883.

Edit: It won't let me post another attachment? I guess the limit is 5 for now. The .craft will be on the SSTO post, not the OP.

Edited by Shiny

ANyone got a working like to jellycube's railgun, a search turned nothing up :(.

Look in the addons section, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Oh, and I just remembered that back when they worked, Yoriks Particle Cannons could be mounted on the side of a Railgun. Too bad the PPC's no longer work though...

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.