T4 Tech Tree

The Man Myth and Legend

Well, for me all the tier 4 nodes are important, but the most important nodes in my opinion are:

Basic Science: Unlock the Science Jr., a great way to get very science, the Stayputnik, to make unmanned missions, but don't have SAS, the Z-100 battery, to prolongate the util time of your mission, and the High Gain Antenna, to start your communications network (needed to control your ship in places distants from Kerbin).

Flight Control: Unlock a reaction wheel and some winglets to help in the control of your ship.

Advanced Rocketry: Unlock a new fuel tank and 2 new engines, usefuls to a rocket that goes to the Kerbin's orbit, and maybe beyond.

I hope that my tip will help you. 

Bye!

Edited by Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut

5 minutes ago, Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut said:

Well, for me all the tier 4 nodes are important, but the most important nodes in my opinion are:

Basic Science: Unlock the Science Jr., a great way to get very science, the Stayputnik, to make unmanned missions, but don't have SAS, the Z-100 battery, to prolongate the util time of your mission, and the High Gain Antenna, to start your communications network (needed to control your ship in places distants from Kerbin).

Flight Control: Unlock a reaction wheel and some winglets to help in the control of your ship.

Advanced Rocketry: Unlock a new fuel tank and 2 new engines, usefuls to a rocket that goes to the Kerbin's orbit, and maybe beyond.

I hope that my tip will help you. 

Bye!

Thanks! I will get Basic Science first. I was pretty stumped

TMML,

Good call. When in doubt, always pick something that allows you to collect science.
 I always open my games "caveman" style, so I need to stay within 18t and 30 parts. If you don't do that, YMMV...

First choice is definitely Basic Science. Having the Science Jr. on hand allows you to collect science from the pad, runway, low and high flight over Kerbin immediately. Plus, a lot of other useful bits that will come in handy later. More science.
 #2 is Aviation, because the jet engines and landing gear allow me to build a jet- powered science rover to do full sweeps in all the biomes of KSC and the surrounding area. Also, being able to fly expands your access to Kerbin's biomes. More biomes.
#3 is Advanced Rocketry. The LV-909 is a game changer for space science. Depending on how you use it, it will either greatly increase the payload you can put into LKO, or greatly increase the DV at your disposal for deep space probes. Plus, the t400 tank lowers the part count. More biomes, lower part count.
#4 is Flight control. You need the reaction wheel to make the Stayputnik useful for deep space probes, and the steerable fins can be helpful during the boost phase. Nothing critical, but still useful. More controllable rockets, makes deep space probes possible.
Last is the General Construction. If you're limited to small rockets like me, then there's nothing useful in this node.

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.