previously undisturbed asteroids

Hi, i 've got a problem with asteroid contracts which come with the condition "Have a previously undisturbed Class X asteroid in tow" resetting whenever i save&load.

Specifically i'm dealing with a contract to put a Class E into orbit of Minmus which is quite time-consuming with ISRU and low dV changes, but i can not save my progress because whenever i have my vessel "docked"(3 Klaws i rammed into the rock) and saved, the asteroid in question is not registered as previously undisturbed/part of the contract anymore. Meaning i can't solve the contract.

The same problem arises with another contract which asks for station building around Duna on a previously undisturbed asteroid (i think, the condition also resets when changing vessels on map mode), making rendezvous with station parts after orbital insertion impossible.

Is there a trick to circumvent this?  Like savefile hacking to make the asteroid a viable target again or sth?

Edited by Mayer

The basic problem is that asteroids have a randomly generated integer attached to them -- which identifies them, and sets their color and shape. In ver. 1.3.1  this value wasn't getting saved properly, resulting in morphing asteroids that lose their ID.

So, you can use the Debug Menu to forcibly complete the contract.

Even if you knew the original asteroid ID, and hacked it back into your savegame -- I don't think the game could load the value properly back into the variaible.

Edited by bewing

Either ignore, or just do the work and cheat the contract to completion using Alt-F12.

And yes, if your ship ends up buried in the asteroid (50% chance) then do scene changes several times (back and forth to the Tracking Station or something) until it morphs out from under you.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.