Cannot save during extensive missions

Playstation standard console
Career Mode

During extended missions to new planets I have now come across a mission breaking bug. During both a Minmus and Duna mission I was unable to save the game, or return to the space center. I can always continue to play but all is for not because I will never capture my progess.

Another related save issue is sometimes the game seems to get bogged down when saving. Any auto save or game save stalled the game significantly, to the point I thought it had crashed. But after 30 seconds the game resumed and I could interact until the next auto save. After restarting the game the problem went away.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

17 hours ago, Xanisselis said:

I'm having the same issue with longer missions to save or go to space center. I have narrow it down to the Long time warps causing the issue. This bug is the most annoying I have came across so far.

Sad this one is still here, this is the #1 that made the previous port utterly unplayable on eggbox.

15 hours ago, Xanisselis said:

Yeah, the only workaround is to save before long warps and when it happens, close game and restart. It seems to work the 2nd go around but the time it take to load the game back up from the start is so time consuming.

That's great advice guys. I have run into numerous times. It seems like the game session gets bogged down. It does run great after a restart, but you never know how long. It feels like we are getting close to a pretty stable release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.