Help with Configs And Textures?

Hello guys! I need some help. So i've made a very good engine model . I exported all UV maps (working with blender) and i converted them to dds. I put the .mu model in a folder, the DDS images and a config. I copied the KS-25 Vector CFGs and i tweaked them with my gimbals , names , thrusts , engine mesh, and so on. But when i launched my clean install to check out, the name was showing Vector , nothing changed, and THE ENGINE WAS RENDERING WITHOUT TEXTURE in select menu, but the texture was correct once placed. I know that the dds img.s have to do with this, and i checked them to see if they were good. They were.

Am i doing something wrong in blender?

One more additional thing: is there something in unity like Auto-shaping collider? I tried with mesh collider , but it was not working. And the primitive colliders are awful.

Any advices on the problem with the rendering  , cfgs, and Unity auto-shaping-collider?

Also, please rate my raw third ever engine model:

https://skfb.ly/6wPM9

32 minutes ago, AntINFINAIt said:

Hello guys! I need some help. So i've made a very good engine model . I exported all UV maps (working with blender) and i converted them to dds. I put the .mu model in a folder, the DDS images and a config. I copied the KS-25 Vector CFGs and i tweaked them with my gimbals , names , thrusts , engine mesh, and so on. But when i launched my clean install to check out, the name was showing Vector , nothing changed, and THE ENGINE WAS RENDERING WITHOUT TEXTURE in select menu, but the texture was correct once placed. I know that the dds img.s have to do with this, and i checked them to see if they were good. They were.

Am i doing something wrong in blender?

One more additional thing: is there something in unity like Auto-shaping collider? I tried with mesh collider , but it was not working. And the primitive colliders are awful.

Any advices on the problem with the rendering  , cfgs, and Unity auto-shaping-collider?

Also, please rate my raw third ever engine model:

https://skfb.ly/6wPM9

How do you set up your model in Unity? The thread is a bit old but it shows the material setup in unity:

Afaik the PartTools don't work with .dds files. I use .png for the unity setup and exchange them with .dds files at the end (KSP can load .png as well).

For the config your need a name (internal, must be uniqe) and a title (external, what you read ingame).

Mesh colliders must be convex (check the box) and may not exceed ~250 faces afaik. For non-convex shapes you need multiple colliders.

Oh i just import it? I saw a vid on youtube . Is this wrong?

4 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

How do you set up your model in Unity? The thread is a bit old but it shows the material setup in unity:

Afaik the PartTools don't work with .dds files. I use .png for the unity setup and exchange them with .dds files at the end (KSP can load .png as well).

For the config your need a name (internal, must be uniqe) and a title (external, what you read ingame).

Mesh colliders must be convex (check the box) and may not exceed ~250 faces afaik. For non-convex shapes you need multiple colliders.

Thank! Will se if it works.

I will try this with my upper stage model :D

+ Did you like the model?

6 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

And Yes i used convex mesh colliders , and i put a fps controller to test it. It was going trough. 

1 hour ago, AntINFINAIt said:

Oh i just import it? I saw a vid on youtube . Is this wrong?

The model must be imported but before you export it to .mu file you need to configure it in unity.

+ Did you like the model?

For a first part it looks pretty nice. My first part was a storage tank aka simple cylinder :wink:

And Yes i used convex mesh colliders , and i put a fps controller to test it. It was going trough. 

Never tested colliders in unity. Have you verified it in KSP?

27 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

The model must be imported but before you export it to .mu file you need to configure it in unity.

For a first part it looks pretty nice. My first part was a storage tank aka simple cylinder :wink:

Never tested colliders in unity. Have you verified it in KSP?

No, i will test it. And i tried to make a fuel tank, it was kind of ugly :D

my first (and i don't know why it didn't render some of it )

https://sketchfab.com/models/a480a1f3c2ff495fbde70ed70ae44585

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.