RemoteTech2 How Do I Control A Satellite Probe From My Ship?

I am launching my first satellite and I want to be able to correct its orbit after I deploy it from my vessel. How can I remote control it to do the burn to put it into its orbit?

My vessel has a Communotron 16S and the Satellite has two reflectron dishes, one pointed at the active vessel and it has two communotron 16 antennas... it still says no connection. I have everything activated too on the satellite and my antenna on the vessel is active.

I wonder if it gets confused by active vessel since i have two other flights near the Mun while i am orbiting Kerbin trying to control the satellite.

Edited by i_like_kerbals

To control remote probes from a ship, you need to add a command station to your ship, which isn't easy to do and definitely not worth it to control a satellite in kerbin orbit.

The only practical way to control probes in Kerbin orbit is to establish a connection back to KSC. But if you're in low orbit, less than a thousand km or so, then that will be pretty easy to do just with the Communotron antennas. As long as your satellite and your ship both have one Communotron each, then the satellite will either link directly to KSC or via your ship as appropriate.

If you need to perform a burn without a connection, say you have to circularise your satellite while it's out of range of KSC, then you need to learn to use the flight computer to plan maneuvres. I usually do it by placing the maneuvre node where I need it, then setting the flight computer to execute that node. The computer will then go ahead and perform the burn, whether I have a connection while burning or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.