DSN Range Settings

Recently I tested a probe out to Neidon in Sandbox.  It had 1 400bm antenna and 3 200bm antennas (I remembered something about multiple antennas helping a *little* bit).  I learned a lot on how to make a bad probe, so it was worth the time (couple hours), but at around 420bm it went out of range.  I checked occlusion, Kerbin was in LOS.  Oh well, I figured, no relay is in range, but I'l just bump up the Antenna range by 10 in SETTINGS for the sake of completing my test.  However this is where my test truly failed.

I did everything.  I raised Antennas to 100, I raised DSN to 100, I ran time forward several days, I re-loaded, re-booted and reloaded, even turned Off antenna range and that probe just would never open up a link again.  I am running Kerbalism, but I checked and there are no part faults involved.

This is rather disappointing, because I had planned to explore interstellar as well, just figuring at that time I would turn antenna ranges OFF.  However it now appears this is not possible.  O.O

Am I missing something obvious?  How do you change range settings, or successfully disable antenna ranges?...

Yeah, somehow one of your mods has messed with commnet. The button to disable commnet in the settings does work in a pure stock game, and allows infinite comm range when you turn it off.

3 hours ago, bewing said:

Yeah, somehow one of your mods has messed with commnet. The button to disable commnet in the settings does work in a pure stock game, and allows infinite comm range when you turn it off.

Alrighty, thank you for the diagnosis.  I have a stock install as well, I will confirm it there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.