Kopernicus help with to boldly go mod

Recently I was searching for a mod that created other star systems to add more places to go and to finally get to use my warp ship. I watched the mod review on KottabasGames and decided this was the one. Although he had a brief guide to download it wasn't complete. He went as far as saying that if you go into the mod folder you find an exe file which you use to create a custom galaxy config. Im wondering what i need to do to get this mod working. Someone please help.:P

so this mod works well on my system and setup 1.4.2 with many mods.

this mod is a generator. 

so I have it setup where the downloaded zip file is extracted outside of the KerbalSpaceProgram folders structure (ex: c:\ksp\galaxy\To Boldy Go.)

then when I generate a galaxy(using a save and backup scheme) folowing there direction which I just love and work easily..

you end up with 2 very usefull files. the named file that I entered during creation ("JamGalaxy.txt")and the actual "galaxy.cfg" file of you Galaxy.

I then copy them to the Ex; c:\kerbalspaceprogam\GameData along with MM.

I Launch the Game create a new Save and start to Explore the new worlds.

I keep the 2 files together to identify what is in each of the "galaxy.cfg"'s created if you create varying Galaxy's.

be careful of your current saved game files, as they are not inter-change able (ship and sub's are, but not saved games). 

I could not find a direct how to either. so I am just giving you my experience.

hope this helps

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD
add directions

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.