[1.4.2] R-Universe Industries Probe Core [0.01]

Zyrac

Tired of desperately trying to cram everything onto your probe? We've got you covered. The R-Universe Industries Probe Core features special landing leg placement areas, special slots suited perfectly to fit small radial solar panels (although I suppose you could put any old thing there), and special... uh... just space in general for putting stuff on!

Hey, so I wanted to have another go at some modding, since I haven't done any in years. If you were on the KSP scene around 2012 - 2013, you might remember a rudimentary mod called R-Universe Industries Life-Tech. Since then, I've started university and am now coming close to graduation, and grown a beard! How time flies! :D So, anyway, this probe core is just a little something I made as a bit of fun to apply my new and improved Blender skills, and my not so new and improved texturing skills. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/r-universe-industries-probe-core

htboRBT.png

56TOKL0.png

khLvyYY.png

Edited by Zyrac
Fixed Images

Uh, sadly the answer to both those questions is currently no. It could very easily contain fuel with a change to the config file, however. I did play with the idea but ended up deciding against it. I guess I kinda thought it was doing a little too much with it, but I suppose it is sizable enough. To be honest, I was mainly using this as a trial part before attempting something more ambitious. I'm now working on a habitat module which means straying into internals territory for the first time. :confused: Little preview of the work in progress below:

kmbtVOO.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.