Changes for Cunjo Carl

Cunjo Carl

This is hard to write, but it's something I have to say. I'd rather not just disappear forever. I've been fighting a wasting disease for several months now, and it's starting to get really very tough. I'll spare the details, but suffice to say that no one knows what it is, so no one really knows what's going to happen. If you plot a line though, it's about time for me to get my affairs in order.

First of all, thanks to everyone here at the forums! I can't imagine a more worth while place to have spent my fun time over the last couple years. I took a long break to teach my friends and students how to program, but I was destined to return. Too bad my return was so short, but well, I'm thankful for what time I have had.

It's not really a big deal if not, but I was hoping some folks might become the hosts for a few of my old challenges. They're mostly pretty musty, but if for some reason they do get a resurgence, it'd be nice for someone to be there for it. Go ahead and just toss a quick post in the threads themselves (or make a reboot) if any sound like they'll be a good match for you: Real Time Career Mode Speedrun , 6 Minutes to Critical , Spin to win , The Wrecking Crew  . Spin to win isn't a big deal because I believe it's already up for reboots in the heritage list, which works plenty fine. The wrecking crew is a DLC mission that should be self sufficient, but may need occasional maintenance if the DLC mission builder has significant changes. I've noticed that my image host, postimage, has just gone belly up. I still have the old pictures, but not nearly enough energy to pick them from the piles and re-upload them piecemeal at the moment. Sorry in advance.

If I can muster the capacity for it, I'm going to put up some bounties on a few of the KSP speedruns. Bounties are pretty common in the speedrunning community as a way for people to kick off excitement for running a new title. They're just little cash prizes, mostly for the fun. Why? This sounds silly, but I may last a while longer, and I'd really like to live vicariously. I hope nothing more than to have a bunch of KSP-greenhorn speedrunners come rushing in to the help forums for help with routing. For this though, I'd need a proctor in the speedrunning community, who I may or may not find in time. We'll see!

I'm going to ask a mod to lock this thread, because well, it's a little intense for a forum, and I don't want people to feel obligated in answering. Thanks for reading :) . I'm going to make myself available by PM for a short time though, and with any luck will get to enjoy the forums as a lurker for a while still. If a miracle happens, I will be back. Thanks all for your thoughts of good health!

Very good news.

Long story short, I was visited by an uninterrupted series of small miracles. Things turned around hard for me, and my survival odds are now very good. It's all a bit surreal, to be honest. I needed a half dozen things to happen, each of which had been non-forthcoming over the last months. Then, suddenly, over the last four days they all just clicked into place. I really can't describe how unlikely it all was. You'd think I'd be excited or something, but what I feel is a heavy relief that borderlines on sadness or shell shock. Those feelings will digest with time, I'm patient.

My road to recovery will be long, and it's very possible I won't recover fully, but to be honest it's not a big deal. I had earmarked yesterday through early/mid march as 'last stand', and here I am getting to write to everyone while sipping a strawberry half-and-half milkshake and listening to the latest SC2 tourney. ... Things are very good.

My survivability isn't guaranteed, but it is now very likely. In the small but present possibility I do crash back down, I'll just mention it on my personal page. I'm not a fan of grand standing (despite how often I grand stand, go figure!) and I feel a bit awkward now. I wasn't wrong, last week by the way. I just got very very lucky. I'll need a bit of time, but I will be back. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.