Mechjeb?

kodemunkey

Mechjeb is a plugin/parts pack for the game. It can be used as an autopilot, or simply to provide you with more information to further help you fly your ship. There are some that consider it cheating, and others that consider it a welcome addition to the KSP experience. The thread about mechjeb can be found here. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12384-PLUGIN-PART-0-16-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v1-9?

Edited by Tauge

• 1 month later...

Its information panels are worth using alone.

Auto pilot can replace the manual flying portion of the game if that is not your thing, but I find that a major part of the fun of the game. Auto pilots are great for testing parts of a ship for a mission. Helps to confirm your rocket has a chance to even make orbit :P Also if you are new to the game watching how mechjeb controls your ship for various maneuvers can help you do it manually.

the engineering redux mod has a lot of the same information plus information you can use in the VAB. With info in VAB you can know each stage is sufficient to do its part just off the delta-v calculations. I run both mods now, but may switch to just the engineer and protractor mod for all the information i should need to manually fly a mission.

Everyone refers to the autopilot, but as one poster said, it provides a lot of very useful info and isn't necessarily an autopilot.

kerbal engineer redux, and protractor can give you the same readouts... without the autopilot.

In regards to the autopilot.. I don't really care if others use mechjeb or not, but I never will. If I CBA'd to get stuff into orbit myself.. i'm probably too busy to be playing KSP to begin with..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.