ecspace kirbin and back

kos

escape kirban to the sun then get back it to kirbans orbit than land on the planet

-----rules-------

no super fuel tank like 1000000000000 in fuel from fuel tank

you may use and mods you want

but no mechjeb

You know what really bugs me? When people say "No cfg edits, but modded parts are allowed!". What do you think modded parts are...? They definately have modified cfg values... And there is nothing to say they are any more balanced in general then a given stock part thats been cfg edited.

If you want it to be fairer, you should specificy specific mod parts that you think are reasonable. Eg: Only stock parts and the novapunch mod pack allowed.

Also, it really is easy with stock parts.

Given that there's no required amount of time to remain in Kerbol orbit, I'm inclined to agree. THis is basically "Leave Kerbin's SOI with as little relative velocity as possible, immediately turn and burn back in.", with the only hard part being plannign the return burn. If there's a stock Munlander in your ship stable, it can fly this mission.

Would still like to see the Original Poster's attempt at the challenge, though.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I can probably do this challenge, but I still fail at returning to Kerbin from a far removed solar orbit.

I might have misparsed your post, but:

Simply do an orbit that has a period that is is an integer multiple of kerbins. If you have mechjeb to show your orbital period that is easy, otherwise try to thrust along kerbins orbit and look at your apoapsis and periapsis times.

I managed this (before I saw the challenge, so no pics) with an all-stock ship. Once you leave kerbin's SoI, If you burn so your Kerbol Ap is about 29,500,000km, keeping your Pe at Kerbin's altitude (about 13,500,000km), your orbital period should be just about twice that of Kerbin, and you should reenter Kerbin's SoI in two year's time. On return my Pe over Kerbin was only 1,500km.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.