"Unable to fetch version info"

Hello,

Yesterday, I re-installed KSP after a long absence. I was able to play one time, but when I tried to launch a second time the game managed to load all assets but crashed to desktop on the loading screen proper. I have racked my head trying to fixed this (all kinds of compatibility modes, uninstall/reinstall multiple times, etc.), and nothing has worked. After looking through the output log, I found the phrase "Unable to fetch version info" just before the crash. Can anybody help me? I just want to play my stupid space game.

Output log: https://ufile.io/psvou

Edit: My system is an Intel Core i5 1.6GHz with an in-built NVIDIA GeForce MX150 running Windows 10 1803, if that helps.

Edited by Crocket

18 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Hello,

Yesterday, I re-installed KSP after a long absence. I was able to play one time, but when I tried to launch a second time the game managed to load all assets but crashed to desktop on the loading screen proper. I have racked my head trying to fixed this (all kinds of compatibility modes, uninstall/reinstall multiple times, etc.), and nothing has worked. After looking through the output log, I found the phrase "Unable to fetch version info" just before the crash. Can anybody help me? I just want to play my stupid space game.

Output log: https://pastebin.com/T9r2Qr95

Edit: My system is an Intel Core i5 1.6GHz with an in-built NVIDIA GeForce MX150 running Windows 10 1803, if that helps.

Is it the correct log? The locations for logfiles changed in ksp 1.4+ and you log shows a game version of ksp 1.3 (maybe older). If you didn't delete some remaining games files after uninstalling the game, this is probably an old log.

You can find the KSP.log in your KSP install directory, between between your KSP.exe and KSP_x64.exe and your output_log in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

4 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Is it the correct log? The locations for logfiles changed in ksp 1.4+ and you log shows a game version of ksp 1.3 (maybe older). If you didn't deleted some remaining games files after uninstalling the game, this is probably an old log.

You can find the KSP.log in your KSP install directory, between between your KSP.exe and KSP_x64.exe and your output_log in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\

This is a new computer; there was never a KSP install on it. I found the log under Launcher_Data.

Edit: I'm stupid.

Edited by Crocket

Just now, Crocket said:

This is a new computer; there was never a KSP install on it. I found the log under Launcher_Data.

I see...didn't know there is another output_log in this folder. Since this one does not provide any useful informations,  please upload the KSP.log or the output_log.txt from your userdata folder :)

41 minutes ago, Crocket said:

I'm stupid.

Did you find a obvious solution?^^

Do you have Win 10 64bit? You run the 32bit version of KSP, try to launch the 64bit version (launch it directly by using the KSP_x64.exe in your KSP install directory, don't use the launcher).

edit: Hey look, it is even mentioned in your log:

Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!

You run out of memory ;) If you still have some left which cannot be used, the 64bit version will fix your problem :)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

40 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Did you find a obvious solution?^^

Do you have Win 10 64bit? You run the 32bit version of KSP, try to launch the 64bit version (launch it directly by using the KSP_x64.exe in your KSP install directory, don't use the launcher).

edit: Hey look, it is even mentioned in your log:

You run out of memory ;) If you still have some left which cannot be used, the 64bit version will fix your problem :)

Thank you so much! I did have to reinstall one last time to get the 64-bit version, but other than that it works swimmingly!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.