Suggest me a joystick?

Ydoow

I got my first spaceplane to actually work last night and I decided I NEED a joystick to make the experience that much more awesome.

I want something cheap though. Something to last me maybe a year or half a year

So I'm think I'll buy one of these two once my tuition is squared away.

Which would you suggest, or what other option would you suggest? (I won't pay anything over $30. Yes my budget is that tight)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346117580&sr=8-1&keywords=joystick

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963291-0403-Attack-3-Joystick/dp/B0000ALFC5/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346117580&sr=8-3&keywords=joystick

It depends on some things. How in-depth do you plan on getting controls set-up? With simplicity, those controllers seem fine, and even with a more complicated set in mind, they'd probably be great. Size constraints are a big factor, and those seem good for small spaces. Of course, personal things are look and feel, feel being difficult to judge via image, but look is simple to determine. I own a Saitek X-52 set, and while I only really use them for IL-2 1946 or FSX, they are a bit much for KSP. And more than $30. If you really want to go small and relatively cheap, buy a PS3/360 controller. The keyboard will of course need to be used, but it is better in terms of more precise controls over keyboard only. Hope you find something you like!

I had a 3d pro and it started having problems after a few months (rudder drift). Opened it up and it wasn't hard to see why - they'd used a 10p plastic sensor that had got stuck already and wasn't rotating freely. Tried some WD40 which fixed it for a few months but then it started acting up again so I chucked it in the bin. Typically logitech quality basically, don't expect it to last beyond a few years.

Then I bought a Saitek X52 and the main stick has been reliable but the trim controls on the rudder half seem to have developed a crossed wire somewhere and are sending the wrong signal. Rather disappointing for the price but I don't use those dials much so I just leave them disabled.

I haven't tried thrustmaster though, so I'd probably recommend them on the basis that they can't be any worse than the alternatives.

I had a 3d pro and it started having problems after a few months (rudder drift).

I also have one of these and have had a similar problem, unfortunately. I really like the design but it responds to the slightest hint of a twist of the stick itself. I do, however, have a Logitech Dual Action controller which I've had for many years and it works very well. It's pretty much the identical setup to a Playstation controller so it's not the perfect answer, but they are versatile and inexpensive. Alternately, (speaking of console style controllers) Xbox 360 controllers are compatible with PCs and there are a few brands that can be picked up for around 30 dollars. Those aren't actual "flight sticks" but I just thought I'd throw out some options.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.