Did I install MechJeb correctly?

I downloaded the MechJeb as my first actual mod for a PC game, ever, and would just like to know if I placed the file in the right place. After MechJeb was done downloading, I moved the 'MechJeb' folder and the text document 'info' into the KSP resources folder. Any advice on installing the Deep Space Mission Pack and the Electrical Energy Plugin would also be greatly appreciated.

Edit 1: I have finished downloading the DSMP and the EEP, where do I move the folders to, without corrupting my entire KSP saves?

Edit 2: Solved!

Edited by NebulaNine

No, that's not the correct way, but don't feel bad!

You want to but the folder somewhere on your computer and unzip it. In it is a folder called plugins. In that folder is a file called "MuMechLib.dll." In your ksp folder is a folder called plugins. Put the "MuMechLib.dll" in there. Back in the mod you downloaded is a folder called parts. Copy everything in the folder and paste it into the folder called parts in your ksp folder.

I hope I made the slightest amount of sense in that.

Edit: All mods are done the same way and shouldn't corrupt any save files. Parts go to parts, plugins to plugins.

Edited by Cby
moar!

Also, some mods come in compilation packs, and might include mods you have already installed. If your computer asks you to replace a file, check to see what file it's replacing, and if that file is a mod file, click "replace current file" or whatever one is closest to that.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.