Contract fails

Why are my contracts failing and can I do anything about it? This is how I play: I start a new game in career mode, choose a new flag and save the game as KSP which overwrites the previous game. I do not change the control presets. The controller preset is automatically set to 'cursor' but I have to use L3 to activate the cursor. When saving the game after a playing session, I again overwrite and save the game as KSP. I attempt to fulfill contracts. When successful and at the mission synopsis screen I activate the cursor (L3) and select the notification tab that lists contract completions and records, press the O button to deactivate the cursor in order to select the 'discard' option (otherwise it is unavailable) and clear the tab of notifications. I had no problems playing the game before the 1.05 update. I posted yesterday about booster contract fails. It turns out it was a coincidence that they were both booster contracts. I have had new contracts fail when conditions were met, the simplest being testing a heat shield landed at Kerbin. Can't do it at the launch site or after a flight and landing on Kerba-firma. Only the 'jettison' option is listed at both locations and the 'test' option is not available. The contracts fail randomly. I also today had my accepted contracts vanish from my contracts log. I accepted a new contract, built a craft specific for the contract, launched and at the launch pad all of my contracts were gone.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! This has been around ever since I got this game. I usually ignore those kinda missions and stick to the ones that make you visit other planets but in the past sometimes even those bug out and won't complete. 

I had a save where it kept giving me the mun landing mission, even after forcing it to complete with the cheat menu.

I personally can't be asked to deal with that sorta bugs so I do not play career anymore. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.