Help with robotics...

So I need help with breaking ground robotics. The issue is that I am trying to make a 2 legged walker. When I tried to edit the rotation in the controller the legs it did both legs instead of just one. Also the servos move in opposite direction of each other. Please help!

42 minutes ago, MnyMan said:

So I need help with breaking ground robotics. The issue is that I am trying to make a 2 legged walker. When I tried to edit the rotation in the controller the legs it did both legs instead of just one. Also the servos move in opposite direction of each other. Please help!

2-legged walkers are the most difficult because of having to balance on alternate legs as the other steps.  I recommend starting with 6 legs moving insect-like by opposing triangles to learn the basics of how to control legs.  Then go to 2 legs.

Both legs moving at the same time and in opposite directions sounds like you attached both joints with symmetry.  Don't do that.  You can build the structure of the main hull that you will attach the joints to with symmetry, but the joints of each leg that is NOT doing the same thing as another have to be attached individually.

In general, for a controllable walker, you need 2x KAL1000s and 4 action group keys.  One of the KAL1000s and 2 of the action keys handle walking forwards/backwards, the others pivoting left/right.  For each KAL1000, one of the action keys toggles playing the animation, the other toggles its direction.  Thus, you only have to program a sequence once (such as walking forward), so playing it backwards will give walking in reverse. Same with pivoting left/rigth

Edited by Geschosskopf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.