Can't Open Orbital Map

Hello.  I am relatively new to KSP, so I am having a bit of trouble with this and I don't know if it's a bug or what.  Recently, I have had trouble opening up my orbital map in one of my career mode saves.  I don't know why it is doing this.  The weirdest part about this whole thing is that when I go in a different save, I can access the map perfectly normal, so I don't know if something has corrupted my save or what is going on.  I've tried rebinding my key, saving then loading that save, going into the tracking station, going in the debug console, but I just can't get it fixed.  I even looked on youtube and google for the answer, but I still got nothing.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out.  Thank you!  :)

On 11/19/2019 at 11:16 PM, Liniks said:

Hello.  I am relatively new to KSP, so I am having a bit of trouble with this and I don't know if it's a bug or what.  Recently, I have had trouble opening up my orbital map in one of my career mode saves.  I don't know why it is doing this.  The weirdest part about this whole thing is that when I go in a different save, I can access the map perfectly normal, so I don't know if something has corrupted my save or what is going on.  I've tried rebinding my key, saving then loading that save, going into the tracking station, going in the debug console, but I just can't get it fixed.  I even looked on youtube and google for the answer, but I still got nothing.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out.  Thank you!  :)

I'm having the exact same issue.  Three (3) of my most recent saves won't allow me to open the orbital map with the 'M' button.  Pressing the 'Map View' button in the lower left of the GUI (under the 'Display Staging' and 'Docking Mode') brings up the orbital map but pressing it a second time leaves me in the without the ability to do much of anything (can't move around, interact with planets, etc).  I, however have several mods, Kerbal Engineer, MechJeb, Astrogator, and HyperEdit.

• 3 weeks later...

I have run into a similar problem (i.e. not being able to open the map) about two weeks ago, and the apparent cause was changing the vessel type of a probe into Science. As someone mentioned in my post about that bug, it is a vessel type that's only intended for Breaking Ground, so if you use it in stock game, it crashes the map.

However, I have been unable to recover from it, the only recourse being going back to a quicksave from before I have changed that probe type.

• 6 months later...

Yes, I'm necro'n this thread, but it was one of the first hits on google when I ran into the issue today.

However, I have been unable to recover from it, the only recourse being going back to a quicksave from before I have changed that probe type.

Open your quicksave.sfs file and replace:      DeployedScienceController

with:     Rover

(or Debris, or Ship, or whatever other valid type you prefer)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.