Completely Amphibious Craft

xam1324

This challenge is to see what the best design of a fully amphibious(land and sea) rescue craft.The idea for this challenge came from many hours of designing a oceanic rescue craft, but i digress.Mods are allowed but if you use them you will be put in the non-stock category.

Rules:

1:Must be able to operate on land and in water at a speed of atleast 50 m/s.

2:Must be a single stage.

3: You must provide at least 3 screen shots.1 before takeoff, 1 on the entering the body of water, and one showing the exit of the body of water still intact.

4:AT NO POINT CAN YOU DECOUPLE OR LOSE PARTS.

5: Mods are allowed in the non-stock category.

Achievements:

Triple threat : The craft can fly also and you made it to an altitude of 1000m.

Submersible : Your craft has the ability to submerge itself(completely or non completely)

Winner : Complete this challenge.

Hydroplane : reach a speed of 200 m/s in water.

Crazy train : Reach 70,000m in your amphibious craft.

Solids float? : Use only solid propulsion (No RCS, Jet Fuel, or Liquid fuel.)

Winners

Stock:

1:

2:

3:

Non-Stock

1:

2:

3:

I have design but i will not release until all the winner slots are filled(im sure you guys can do better than me:sticktongue:.)

EDIT:It appears everyone wants to see my design so why not.(How do i do spoilers?)

All my screenies: http://imgur.com/a/FnQLy

.craft file(if anyone wants to try it out.): http://www./?s7xh8h1u08w8cok

I was shooting for the hovercraft look, whadya think?

Edited by xam1324

Okay I'll showcase the Duck #5a

Stock build..

screenshot68.pngReady for launch

screenshot69.pngDoing 50+ m/s, its do able but it works better at lower speeds

screenshot70.pngEntering the water..

screenshot71.pngFull throttle just after the wheels are retracted

screenshot72.pngTop speed in water.. 11.5 m/s

screenshot73.pngComing out of the water at the end

And yeah, post your builds too xam

Okay I'll showcase the Duck #5a

Stock build..

screenshot68.pngReady for launch

screenshot69.pngDoing 50+ m/s, its do able but it works better at lower speeds

screenshot70.pngEntering the water..

screenshot71.pngFull throttle just after the wheels are retracted

screenshot72.pngTop speed in water.. 11.5 m/s

screenshot73.pngComing out of the water at the end

And yeah, post your builds too xam

He said water AND land. therefor, its too slow on water.

High Speed Long Range Heavy Rescue Hydrofoil has successfully completed its mission. One of the crew fell overboard during a tight turn though. I couldn't get them to stand up and grab the safety rails. It is fully stock. You have to enter the water under 10 m/s or the floats will fall off. Don't press stage 0. It's basically a self destruct button and not intended for use. Also, parts start falling off at around 90 m/s.

screenshot287b.png

screenshot288.png

screenshot290.png

screenshot295o.png

screenshot299r.png

screenshot302i.png

Edited by VincentLaw

High Speed Long Range Heavy Rescue Hydrofoil has successfully completed its mission.

Wow! Now THAT is a craft. How does it go so fast in the water? My attempt at a seaplane, riding on 3x mk3 fuselages (like a tripod of pontoons) barely makes it over 30m/s, for liftoff. I'm also really impressed how sturdy yours is, considering it's not totally overrun with struts. Maybe I need to rethink this "every part needs at least one strut between them or they'll fall off" impression I've had.

canards are pretty effective in water, ive taken my ranger car from the early post and put canards under it like a hydrofoil and it sits on the water level like it was actually riding on top (till i actually pull up or down then it freaks out lol), but yeah like the last guy said going fast in water is one thing but never been able to enter or exit going faster then 30m/s lol. also i like lots of struts ;-p i like the looks and i like when you snap a part off and only the struts keep you rolling lol

Wow! Now THAT is a craft. How does it go so fast in the water? My attempt at a seaplane, riding on 3x mk3 fuselages (like a tripod of pontoons) barely makes it over 30m/s, for liftoff. I'm also really impressed how sturdy yours is, considering it's not totally overrun with struts. Maybe I need to rethink this "every part needs at least one strut between them or they'll fall off" impression I've had.

Thats what I do.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.