How to find class B asteroids?

1 hour ago, paul23 said:

How would I find a class B asteroid?

As far as I know: wait longer.

Hmmmm.... Only 3 asteroids seen in total seems on the low side. Do you have any sentinels deployed on asteroid hunting missions?

2 minutes ago, AHHans said:

As far as I know: wait longer.

Hmmmm.... Only 3 asteroids seen in total seems on the low side. Do you have any sentinels deployed on asteroid hunting missions?

Nope, one is getting into an orbit, but the time till leaving of kerbin soi is taking long, I'm finishing around 100th tourist landing on minmus before the sentinel gets into position. 

1 minute ago, paul23 said:

Nope, one is getting into an orbit, but the time till leaving of kerbin soi is taking long, I'm finishing around 100th tourist landing on minmus before the sentinel gets into position. 

O.K. Then maybe having deployed sentinels does indeed cause more asteroids to be detected. I have two looking at Kerbin, one in a lower and one in a higher orbit. (Those two cover - up to now - all "find x many asteroids around Kerbin" contracts without me having to move them anymore.) And I usually have 5 - 10 new asteroids / unidentified objects in the tracking station.

52 minutes ago, AHHans said:

O.K. Then maybe having deployed sentinels does indeed cause more asteroids to be detected. I have two looking at Kerbin, one in a lower and one in a higher orbit. (Those two cover - up to now - all "find x many asteroids around Kerbin" contracts without me having to move them anymore.) And I usually have 5 - 10 new asteroids / unidentified objects in the tracking station.

Hmm does having multiple actually increases the amount you see? Or just one is max? Also: might USI (mks' resource lodes) interfering with this?

Edited by paul23

12 hours ago, paul23 said:

Hmm does having multiple actually increases the amount you see? Or just one is max?

I have no idea. But with two sentinels in well spaced out orbits I can fulfill all the contracts without having to move the sentinels again. (The orbit requirements for the sentinel contracts are fairly loose, so you don't have to be all that close to them to get the "be in this orbit" box ticked.)

12 hours ago, paul23 said:

Also: might USI (mks' resource lodes) interfering with this?

I have even less idea about that.

Hmm I fast forwarded a full year, having put 4 sentinels in orbit below kerbin.

I am finding a few more, always around 4-5 active. But 80% is class D or E, and the rest almost all class C. I found 2 class A asteroids but no B in the full year.

Edited by paul23

6 hours ago, paul23 said:

Hmm I fast forwarded a full year, having put 4 sentinels in orbit below kerbin.

I am finding a few more, always around 4-5 active. But 80% is class D or E, and the rest almost all class C. I found 2 class A asteroids but no B in the full year.

[I assume that the sentinels are active, i.e. it says "Mapping Kerbin" in the PAW.]

I just loaded a bunch of old saves in my current career, and in most of them I have 7 unknown objects (one with "only" 6). Overall the masses seem to be skewed towards the heavy objects (class C and above), but with at least 1 class A or B among them. I have no clue what's the issue with your save.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.