intergalactic space ship.

this is my latest Project. an intergalactic space ship.it will have a meteor as a fuel source and its own spacecraft hangar. it's not done yet but I'm working on it. I'll post a download link when it's done. I will update soon. here are links to the Pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvvrmvbd6uymu3b/Skärmklipp 2019-12-31 17.46.35.png?dl=0 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ywat8mbm03zliz/Skärmklipp 2019-12-31 17.47.24.png?dl=0 

Edited by RabarberMannen

That's not intergalactic. Judging by the ΔV, that's interplanetary. It'll easily be able to get to other planets unloaded, but it won't be able to go interstellar in any reasonable time-frame. Unless of course it's a K-Drive. Sorry to be pedantic.

However, that does look like a great ship! A couple of tips though to improve it: firstly, you don't need the ion engines. They have lousy thrust and aren't making enough ΔV to justify their weight. Seriously, if you try to use ion engines, which are about 2kN of thrust each, on a large ship, you'll either get hour-long burns because of low TWR or because of low frames per second. Also, the LfO engines (either Skippers or Mainsails) aren't a great choice. You're not going to be landing that monstrosity any time soon, and very high TWR isn't necessary in space. If you can, use just the nuclear engines, but for a little extra thrust use Poodles; they'll add a little extra kick and aren't very fuel hungry. Skippers and Mainsails are best for launchers on higher gravity planets.

Also, how are the ships in the hangar meant to leave? I can't see any hinges on that dome. And I don't see why you have the drills positioned at certain points. Unless that's for asteroids.

EDIT: Not to be too negative in one post, but also you have masses of mass down below and no extra engine to compensate. A recipe for spinning disaster if I ever saw one.

1. It's not done yet. I haven't built the hangar yet.
2. The cage can be opened and enclosed on astroids. therefore,The drills is directed toward the center of the cage.(and the astroid.)
3.the ion engine is there to have something that you accelerate while the other engines' fuel tanks fill up.
4. it is not created to land on any celestial body. it should only be in space.
5. Have little imagination.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.