Does anyone have an image for ksp?

Catto

I've done liveries like this one for my SkyShark jet:

Skyshark_Livery.jpg

But, ya kinda gotta repaint the underlying skins...

Mk1Cockpit.jpg

So any graphic would have to be very tailored to the specific part/craft you are interested in painting.  Shark teeth are fairly simple vector "paths" in your graphics program (I use GIMP).  The "5" below worked fine because the skin was correctly mirrored to both sides of those vertical stabilizers.

GreenCherub5.jpg

If you let me know what craft/part you are trying to paint, I'm sure I could help you!

Edited by XLjedi

Woah. That's sick.

Did you know about the Decal Stickers mod by Blackheart612?

I was thinking if you could port that image for that mod.

Or nebula decals.

Either one's fine.

Well, If you could possibly do that.

I can export em to whatever format you like, or leave em as layers you can edit to your heart's content in GIMP.

Do you have one or more USAF insignia you want?  I can do pretty much anything.  Have you ever used GIMP?

As for the mods, I personally take a rather fine brush to my craft... and do stuff like paint the edges of landing gear doors red, or gold anodized shock tubes.  Stuff like this is a bit beyond the decal mod capabilities.  Also, when I'm painting craft, I'm applying special filters that I created so I don't destroy the underlying details of the skin.  Took some time to get that technique to work the way I wanted.

You can see what I'm talking about in these bi-views where I peel back the painted layers.  The decal and painting mods that I've seen tend to completely cover the details of the underlying part skins.

Spoiler

Bi-view_skin.jpg

Bi-view_Stealth.jpg

Stealth_Bomber_2.jpg

Edited by XLjedi

I have never used GIMP before, And i have never even heard of it, until you mentioned it.

Also, This is the USAF logo i am using, Maybe you can make the backround transparent if it isn't already?USAF-Logo-1.jpg

Also i need the format to either be PNG, TDA, or DDS.

Edited by siklidkid

Here ya go!

A-10_Insignia.jpg

I saved them all in dds format which is native for in-game use (memory efficient).  I also included the associated .xcf files that I created with the wireframe paths used to paint each color layer and create the dds files.  So if you ever do take a look at GIMP (it's free ya know!) you can maybe recolor them however you like.

All the files are here: http://xl-logic.com/KSP/decals/USAF_Insignia.zip

Edited by XLjedi

2 hours ago, siklidkid said:

Is there a way that you, (or me)

Could turn them into PNG?

That would be greatly appreciated.

If GIMP does that, I will download it.

By default, GIMP will save in its native .xcf format. 

To save as a different format you would use the File/Export feature to save as anything you want...  DDS, PNG, JPG, GIF, etc.

You can open a DDS file directly and export as PNG without having to create or save the .xcf file.

PNG and DDS support transparent backgrounds, JPG does not. 

Give the GIMP a try and see if you can convert them to what you want, else just post back tomorrow and I'll put the PNG files in the online zip folder for you.

i can export the files to .PNG, but i just don't know where they go...

It says they go to - This PC -  Local Disk - Program Files - Steam - Steamapps - Common - Kerbal Space Program - Gamedata - Blackheart - Flags -

But they arent there!

Edited by siklidkid

2 hours ago, siklidkid said:

i can export the files to .PNG, but i just don't know where they go...

It says they go to - This PC -  Local Disk - Program Files - Steam - Steamapps - Common - Kerbal Space Program - Gamedata - Blackheart - Flags -

But they arent there!

Double-check... sometimes it pulls up a window with certain settings and shows you were it will go, but you have to click a second button or two to confirm/finalize.  Like there may be a button at the bottom of a dialog window that says "Export" that you have to click?

Also, what are you exporting?  Did you pull up the DDS file and exporting directly to PNG, or are you working with the native .xcf file, in which case you may be exporting an empty file depending on what you have selected.

I'm confident you will figure it out... however, I added the PNG files to the zip anyway.  In case someone else wants them.

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.