Fairing Help - Stack Separator Issue

Hi all, I am really strugling to figure this issue out, and if what I am trying is even possible.

I have used interstage nodes to create a "tube" if you will, with a stack separator at the top. I do not wish to stage the fairing but instead have a probe be released via a clamp at the bottom.

The stack separator stays attached to my fairing though and blocks the probe from release? Is there a correct way to do this or a mod to have a cargo bay? I tried structural tube but they are causing drag :/ 

Ok, I have a viable solution albiet not as slim as i was aiming for but the issues is with closing the fairing on the stack separator, so instead at the top is structural tube that is shielded with fairing to eliminate drag, then the stack separator on top which detaches aswell, leaving a nice opening for the payload :)

0HZVsN9.png

Edited by Kerbal007

That's neat.  Presumably your payload is on a decoupler and the ejection force fires it out of the end of the tube?  Any problems with it not firing out straight?

I thought the drag issue with structural tubes is that they don't shield stuff inside them, rather than they're draggy themselves.  I may well be wrong but if that is the case then attaching the faring to the bottom of the structural tube might be ok if the payload is short enough that it doesn't project in to the tube.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.