I don't have stock decouplers!!!

I have had this problem for a while and I used to think it was because of my mods I had installed. I reinstalled KSP because I wanted to get back in to it before KSP 2 and now I'm running vanilla KSP but still cant find my decouplers. I verified files and it said all were accounted for but nothing is working. I don't know how computers work but is there a possibility a part file is in another folder and is not moved unless I do it manually?

Hello @More_Heat_Shields

There are a couple of things I would check first. Start yourself a new sandbox game so that you begin with all parts unlocked and make sure you are looking under the "coupling" part category. A couple (haha) of years ago all of the decouplers were moved into their own category in the parts list. They are no longer listed under structural like in older versions. The coupling category is the sixth one down, between "structural" and "payload."

You can also try using the part search function. At the very top of the parts list there is a search box that should say "Enter search." Simply try typing in the word "decoupler" or even the terms "TD-" or "TT-"

If they still don't show up anywhere then you may have a problem with missing or misplaced files or folders. The folder path the decouplers are located in is your install folder for KSP, then "\GameData\Squad\Parts\Coupling" and then you should see a list of decouplers and separators in that folder.

It would also be helpful to know if you've noticed any other missing parts.

Edited by HvP

• 2 months later...

Yeah I just fixed it the other day after get really motivated to play. The problem was since it was on steam the game settings hooked it up to my cloud. So whenever I would verify game files and the decouplers would be recovered, steam would think its a bug and delete them. All I had to do is disable cloud sync for KSP and verify game files again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.