Graphics problem on Mun

I have 1.9.1.  I am walking around on the Mun. I walk up to a large boulder and my Kerbal just walks through it as if the rock isn't there. I tried another rock and the same thing happens. I use only a simple mod that alerts me if I have science I can collect, so I assume that isn't the problem. Is that a known issue or is it just me?

On 4/25/2020 at 10:04 PM, James Kerman said:

All bodies in the game also have special surface features that do have colliders and will ruin your day if you try to drive a rover through them.

When you install Breaking Ground and forget that the surface features it creates now have colliders, then yes...it certainly does.

Those rocks are ‘terrain scatters’ and can be turned down/off in the settings as they require quite a lot of additional computing. They’re not real objects so there’s no physical interactions with them. Unlike the Breaking Ground objects (ROCs, can’t remember what that stands for) which ARE physically there and which you can crash into, if you have the Breaking Ground DLC installed.

Making the scatters have physical properties would make the game unplayable for many so they’re purely cosmetic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.