Problem with docking

Hey guys,

I have a little problem.

I just tried to undock a small part with an engine from my Mun-Station, but it is not working.

I can click "undock", but after clicking the button simply disappears an the small part is still docked.

Here are two screenshots: https://prnt.sc/s8i4qv https://prnt.sc/s8i550

Is there any way to disconnect the two parts?

I have no idea anymore...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Josias

Have you already tried if the other docking port still offers an "undock" option? Sometimes, when you have to switch the focus after undocking, the undocked craft will re-dock to the other craft and the "undock" option is usually just available for one of the ports.

Well, if you are unlucky though, your craft might be corrupted. There are some rare cases, where KSP doesn't "cut off" the connection between two vessels properly and they stay connected after undocking. Do you have a savegame before you tried to undock the craft? If you actually run into this issue, it should be visible in the log at the exact moment you try to undock so that should be easy to find if you can reload a savegame, try to undock again and then upload the log file here for us. If you don't know anything about the KSP log files, take a look at this thread an read the section about logs, that should allow you to find them:

It sounds like you've run into the old "Can't Undock Bug". Which is actually more like 5 different bugs that all produce the same result, and the devs can't track them all down.

To fix it, you need KML -- one piece of it is specifically designed to fix this exact problem: 

15 hours ago, bewing said:

It sounds like you've run into the old "Can't Undock Bug". Which is actually more like 5 different bugs that all produce the same result, and the devs can't track them all down.

To fix it, you need KML -- one piece of it is specifically designed to fix this exact problem: 

KML is a fantastic little hidden gem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.