KSP 1.8.1 Freezes and Crashes in Game

Try to find the Player.txt (or Player.log) log file, you’ll find that in C:/users/your username/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program. AppData is a hidden folder so enable hidden folders if you can’t see it.

Player.txt has more information in it, there’s nothing in that log file you posted to say why it crashed and with a plain stock install it should be fine.

I uploaded them also this is not 1.9.1 instead its KSP 1.8.1.

I had them mixed up. I changed the thread name

It loaded into the game and I flew around for about 4 minutes and then it froze up and the unity box popped up.

I had no background applications running either

Player.log says this:

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1920 x 1080 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

Graphics crash is to blame, I suggest you try updating your graphics drivers as KSP 1.8 changed the game's Unity version and I had some trouble with game crashes after that until I updated my graphics driver which completely solved the problem.

2 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Player.log says this:

Graphics crash is to blame, I suggest you try updating your graphics drivers as KSP 1.8 changed the game's Unity version and I had some trouble with game crashes after that until I updated my graphics driver which completely solved the problem.

I am running the latest AMD drives as of May. This really sucks because AMD has been slow to fix this

Have you heard of anyone else with this problem? Any thing else I could try?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.